Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Doomed user

Started by Koigoreyokan1990, Mar 01, 2016, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicario

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Mar 16, 2016, 11:54 AM
It's awesome.

And, maybe i'm crazy, but the download version that NOS3BL33D posted sounds better, and cleaner...

Holy shit! I just listened to the song with the same headphones but used NOS3BL33D's version and it addresses my bitchy post from earlier! Strange...
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

77years

It's awesome.

And, maybe i'm crazy, but the download version that NOS3BL33D posted sounds better, and cleaner...

Totally

77years

Those vocals on the bridge... what range and contrasting the plunging riff... The architecture of this song is perfect, not a second is wasted

worship

Fuck it I gave in!
I hear A LOT of Bad Brains influence. I'm I the only one?

I don't know what to think, I think I'm in love with the song. Not going to listen to it again though.

N0S3BLEED976

I think there's some sort of placebo effect going on here. The file I posted is the exact same from the website's stream. So it should sound  just the same, haha.

gwenudo

Quote from: Sicario on Mar 16, 2016, 11:58 AM
It's awesome.

Holy shit! I just listened to the song with the same headphones but used NOS3BL33D's version and it addresses my bitchy post from earlier! Strange...
I want to say its because its the source WAV file.. But not sure, does sound better though, nice find Bleed!
Was it like it seemed?...

Sicario

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 16, 2016, 12:10 PM
I think there's some sort of placebo effect going on here. The file I posted is the exact same from the website's stream. So it should sound  just the same, haha.

Well I listened to it on my phone first, then on my laptop. Does that make a difference? ???
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

N0S3BLEED976

Also, people seem to go apeshit on reddit hating the new track. I honestly don't get it. While I like Prayers/Triangles more I thought this one is a total crowd pleaser for those who were on the fence with DE and KNY

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Sicario on Mar 16, 2016, 12:13 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 16, 2016, 12:10 PM

Well I listened to it on my phone first, then on my laptop. Does that make a difference? ???

Probably. Maybe your sound card on your laptop has a higher quality output than your phone

phil for real

Yeah I like this much better than Prayers/Triangles.  This album is going to be different for sure.  You can already tell by the production.  Much different direction.  Still Deftones-y, just a different sound.

shine down unshy

"Since the beginning of time 'twas written in the stones that one day a band would come. Well, that band has come and now they are here to cum again... in your ear pussies."

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 16, 2016, 12:15 PM
Also, people seem to go apeshit on reddit hating the new track. I honestly don't get it. While I like Prayers/Triangles more I thought this one is a total crowd pleaser for those who were on the fence with DE and KNY

I'd think so, too, it's got pretty much everything that all the 'They're too poppy :(' people should love. I do enjoy this way more than Prayers/Triangles, that song is great but it's just the usual, more or less. Nothing shocking or out-there. This, along with everything else, is basically confirming that this album will be including the few things I've been missing with Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan. So I'm happy.

Maybe the Reddit people are more fans of the last two albums?

therealdaebat

The mix is terrible but it makes it sound like somewhat demo like which I enjoy. At this point I'm just happy the guys are still putting out music.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

snw9

Not a whole lot of chugging on this however still sounds fine. Frank's little intro was cut out?

The guitars don't sound that produced well.
Code: [Select]

77years

Please learn the difference between "producing" & "engineering"

Hot fuckin cakes

ANattyRat

Quote from: 77years on Mar 16, 2016, 12:29 PM

Hot fuckin cakes

As someone who knows nothing, what's the difference?

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 16, 2016, 12:23 PM
Not a whole lot of chugging on this however still sounds fine. Frank's little intro was cut out?

Don't think it was an intro, just some fade out they usually do live after Diamond Eyes, which was played before Doomed User

77years

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 16, 2016, 12:30 PM
Quote from: 77years on Mar 16, 2016, 12:29 PM

Hot fuckin cakes

As someone who knows nothing, what's the difference?

I hope that wasn't coming across as condescending, I didn't mean it that way. Check out Steely Dan post-"Royal Scam", or Boz Scaggs "Lowdown",  it's basically treatments, effects, levels, intonation of specific instruments vs. assembling of all of those specific instruments into place through mixing, can also involve channeling or realizing specific ideas into track sequencing, stuff like that. When people say they don't like the sound of a guitar, or the way it was recorded, I'm more inclined to think that's an engineering issue, just like George Martin was the producer of the Beatles who oversaw the big picture, Geoff Emerick was the engineer who miked all the instruments, got the tone the way it was supposed to be. Of course this probably means nothing to anyone but it's just my interpretation of what it means when people complain about stuff.

So for instance if the guitar sound is crappy, I would think it's an issue with the way it was miked, treated, maybe mixed (but probably not).  Personally I think Abe's drum sound on this song is really abrasive and claustrophobic kind of like the review thread was mentioning Nirvana...

endstand

For me, Doomed User heavy intro riff sounds very similiar to Leathers riff (00:39 - 00:46).
hello memory lover, you are mine

el perro

From my listen the vocals, drums and bass are inaudible. I can't even feel the kick drum. The best I can hear everything is through my crappy laptop speakers.