Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

If you could see/hear one Deftones album performed live...

Started by Entombed, Mar 08, 2016, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entombed

From beginning to end, if there was one album you could hear the Deftones play live (of the released albums), what would it be?

For me personally, I would choose self titled. It's probably my 3rd favorite Deftones album (behind ATF and White Pony), but I think it would be something to truly experience live. A lot of variety on that album.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

deftoner664

I'd say self titled, but it would be sweet if they were feeling nostalgic and played like Linus for shits and gigs..
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Entombed

That would be really neat to see live. I'd throw in "Can't Even Breathe" in the encore.

ANattyRat

Damn, I don't know. Self-titled, but only if they set the atmosphere right. Songs like Deathblow and Battle-Axe being performed without that kind of raw, dark atmosphere would feel weird. Not that I'd complain if they played any of those songs. Torn between self-titled and Koi No Yokan, because they've played hardly any songs from that album at all, certainly not my favourites.

Quote from: deftoner664 on Mar 08, 2016, 02:59 AM
I'd say self titled, but it would be sweet if they were feeling nostalgic and played like Linus for shits and gigs..

They should do that, make it a very special, one-of-a-kind show of rarities. Ah, they'd be rich, they could sell the tickets at whatever price they wanted and we'd crawl over each other desperately trying to buy a ticket, haha.

laurapalmer

I'll be captain obvious and say White Pony followed closely by Saturday Night Wrist

snw9

Code: [Select]

pelican fly

Gore

I've seen them play most of my favorite songs already and I think this record is going to be their best one they have released in over 10+ years.

daicula

Adrenaline.
I'd love to see them perform One Weak and Fireal.

Martin

Around The Fur (because EVERY. SINGLE. SONG) and the Selftitled (would love to hear 'Deathblow' live for instance).

mono

Self titled (same here, I'd love to hear deathblow and battle axe live....). No mention to my fav album (ATF) just because they played it full before.

mrpelon94

mono

hockball26

Around the Fur if I could transport to 1997-1998 again otherwise White Pony now and forever.  Unless Gore....

HooiserBowhunter

The struggle is so real haha. I literally could not commit to just one. Its cool seeing everyones different choices since each album is so different. I would have to say that I would pass on an all ATF or Besides concert though.

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pinkmaggit69

ATF including Damone 

But I would pick White Pony if Maynard was there to do his Passenger parts. 

Drinks won't stain this birth!

N0S3BLEED976

Saturday Night Wrist, hands down.
I already heard Rivière live, which was one of the most beautiful moments in my life.

Reichward

Right now I'm tempted to say SNW. Anyway I was never able to decide which album is my favorite.

Yoi Yes Kokan

white pony would be amazing, without back to school and with the boys republic

Entombed

Not surprised at the lack of people choosing Diamond Eyes. I like that album more than most (it seems), but I don't think it did much to advance the band musically. Kinda crazy to see that others would prefer albums outside of their favorites to be performed live. While I chose S/T, I think SNW would be really interesting to see live as well. The production on the album really put me off, but the songs themselves are pretty solid and rather experimental.