Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

If you could see/hear one Deftones album performed live...

Started by Entombed, Mar 08, 2016, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Quote from: illmono on Mar 08, 2016, 03:27 PM
Quote from: mrpelon94 on Mar 08, 2016, 03:07 PM
a show of all there covers and besides

For sure.

And maybe one night with S/T (my favorite) and another night with SNW. Not my favorite but there are plenty of songs I've never heard live or just once, so hearing it from beginning to the end would be epic.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

ANattyRat

Quote from: Entombed on Mar 08, 2016, 09:52 PM
Not surprised at the lack of people choosing Diamond Eyes. I like that album more than most (it seems), but I don't think it did much to advance the band musically. Kinda crazy to see that others would prefer albums outside of their favorites to be performed live. While I chose S/T, I think SNW would be really interesting to see live as well. The production on the album really put me off, but the songs themselves are pretty solid and rather experimental.

They played Diamond Eyes in its entirely during that live stream. Not the same as seeing it in person, but that's why I didn't choose Diamond Eyes. White Pony is my favourite album, but they've played so many of their songs live that I wouldn't choose it. I'd rather hear the self-titled album, since there are a lot of incredible songs on there that don't get played anymore.

Entombed

Totally agree. That's the logic I had behind choosing S/T as well. If I could see Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event live, I would die happy.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

Vesanic

Far away

S/T... but closely followed by Adrenaline. Despite 7 words that Im not a big fan of (anymore), that record is still one of my favorite of all times.

float here 4ever

LG95

White Pony in all honesty. I know they play a majority of it a fair bit but fuck it... it's just so good that to hear it all the way through would be something else.
I could float here forever

ZND84

I'd still have to go with Around the Fur, I watched the concert last year where they played the album straight through and that shit was sweet, Damone was included. plus they could play Crenshaw's punch because it was a B-side front that era

HooiserBowhunter

I changed my mind I would like to see them perform Gore in its entirety before the cd gets released in a small venue.

Yoi Yes Kokan

white pony and self titled together would be a good blend