Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Chi bass moments

Started by 77years, Mar 10, 2016, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

The verse of Kimdracula. He is all over the freakin place doing some sort of contrasting beat.

Bloody cape.... yeeesh

Lotion

77years

Reichward

77years

Quote from: Reichward on Mar 10, 2016, 09:09 PM
Dai the Flu.

Melodic heaviness... I would give anything to have seen his studio performance on the ending... loved watching him live for that reason

2MoreHours

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: 77years on Mar 10, 2016, 09:05 PM
The verse of Kimdracula. He is all over the freakin place doing some sort of contrasting beat.

Bloody cape.... yeeesh

Lotion

This!  I actually haven't been listening to much Deftones recently, but the other day I put on SNW and was reminded just how much I fucking love Kimdracula.  That bass is amazing.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pelican fly

So many.

Combat and Moana stick out. Most of the songs from their records that era ( 2003-2006) had some real groovy stuff from him. I love so much from the first 3 records ( the obvious songs that will get named a bunch) but I dug his playing on SNW and Deftones just as much as some of the early stuff.

He was also on point every time I saw them play. His enthusiasm and stage presence was awesome.

LG95

So many. I'm listening to Needles and Pins right now and I love the way Chi, Stephen and Abe bounce off each other rhythmically in that song, especially on the verse. Little things like that go a long way - other bands would have everyone replicate the same rhythm but they're playing slightly differently, which really adds to the song I think.

Another little thing I've always loved is the fact that Chi only comes in on Passenger when Chino's vocals start; it's like there's suddenly two extra layers of intensity added at the same time, which just has more impact than the bass starting at the same time as everyone else and Chino coming in on his own.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

snw9

KimDracula, Dai the flu, Cherry waves and Combat
Code: [Select]

2MoreHours

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 10, 2016, 09:52 PM
So many. I'm listening to Needles and Pins right now and I love the way Chi, Stephen and Abe bounce off each other rhythmically in that song, especially on the verse. Little things like that go a long way - other bands would have everyone replicate the same rhythm but they're playing slightly differently, which really adds to the song I think.

Another little thing I've always loved is the fact that Chi only comes in on Passenger when Chino's vocals start; it's like there's suddenly two extra layers of intensity added at the same time, which just has more impact than the bass starting at the same time as everyone else and Chino coming in on his own.

Yeah that Needles and Pins part is sick!

deftoner664

there's so many man.....Needles and Pins, Cherry Waves, One weak,nosebleed, Gift, BQAD and you can't forget My Own Summer. Chi's bass lines are the reason that song is so heavy. Same for WGTB and Bloody Cape IMO...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

cvthedrv

anything he done, i love that man as a musician

luisch

Change
Combat
Kimdracula
Bloody Cape
Cherry Waves
Moana
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Freedomsoldier17

HooiserBowhunter

He definitely brought a great style to their music. I found this on youtube of Hole in the Earth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdzzIg_vbdE

77years

Moana... yeah he is going crazy there, doing some counterpoint stuff when he could have just mirrored the riff...  The first 45 seconds of that is thrilling, maybe my favorite piece of Deftones music ever, with that deeeeep bass that floats right before everything kicks in

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: MrVesanique on Mar 10, 2016, 10:03 PM
One Weak

(among others)

MrObviousmotherfucker

hey do you post sweet deftones uploads on youtube?

keep up the great contributions if thats you

Vesanic

I think you got that wrong

Btw I like you too