Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour Data Analytics (1990-2016)

Started by mono, Mar 11, 2016, 09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mono

I've downloaded all the tour historic data available in deftonesworld.com, and the remaining using setlist.fm information.
Then, with all the info in a database I created a dashboard with the tour historic data (location, country, venue, date, name of the tour, supporting album).
You can see information about the distribution of the tours in a map, total shows (also number of shows between Chi and Sergio), countries they've played by year, historic months with most dates live and supporting album.
Hope you like it, if someone have a comment or new ideas, feel free to ask and share.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/cristiansaezm#!/vizhome/DEFTONESTOURDATA/DFTNSdata

Penicks

what a strange way to orient the world map

illthrowROCKS@U

I'm kind of surprised that the album they toured the most for was SNW.  I am definitely not shocked that ST got the least tour support, though.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

ANattyRat

Wow, didn't know they toured for Saturday Night Wrist so much, that's weird. Maybe they were all happy to play together and do shows after all the stress and tension during the making of the album.

Yoi Yes Kokan

i really don't why they aren't considered the hardest working band in the business, that's all they've done for 21 years is make records and tour the world.

snw9

Deftones have never gone to Alaska, any fans from Alaska here?
Code: [Select]

nicklav

This is amazing! Thanks for compiling all that info.

mono

ANattyRat

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Mar 11, 2016, 11:23 PM
i really don't why they aren't considered the hardest working band in the business, that's all they've done for 21 years is make records and tour the world.

Yeah, I agree. Any time I come across a band and they're not constantly touring, I'm shocked, like it's a rare thing, because Deftones' constant touring has been set as the norm in my eyes, haha. They were the first band I ever saw (well, Spice Girls when I was a kid, but that was different), so when other bands don't tour 24/7, I'm like "That's weird, you should be touring as much as possible."

LG95

I don't think Terry Date would consider them particularly hard working ;)
I could float here forever

White Wrist

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 12, 2016, 03:13 AM
I don't think Terry Date would consider them particularly hard working ;)

ya that seeds clip on the self titled extras was funny

defmarco

Nice idea, great work! I like the visualization of the dates..
2003-06-06 - Rock im Park
2003-09-29 - Columbiahalle
2006-10-16 - E-Werk
2007-03-27 - Columbiahalle
2013-02-26 - Huxley's Neue Welt
2016-06-14 - Palladium
2016-06-15 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-27 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-28 - Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt
2017-07-15 - Super Bock Super Rock