Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones stuff that never makes it to a cd

Started by HooiserBowhunter, Mar 15, 2016, 04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 15, 2016, 07:04 PM
Chino said they recorded Lovers too late to be included.

yeah i've read that too. also,in an interview with abe years ago, he got asked about why lovers didn't make it. he was like "huh? lovers? ah, you mean "kevin sorbo"? (working title) he didn't even know it was named lovers after the release.

illthrowROCKS@U

Maybe I'm conflating the reason for the name change from Lovers to Deftones with the reason for leaving the song Lovers off the album.  Perhaps they changed the name for reasons I described above, and later recorded a song which they then named Lovers as homage to the original title for the album?  Pretty sure I heard something about Chino wanting the name changed because it was too direct.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pelican fly

Lovers is a awesome track but it didn't fit with the track list. I wished at first that it was on there instead of Lucky You. I grew to love that song and eventually the way the whole album flowed. It was a good decision on their part. the mix isn't that good also when compared to the songs on the album.

HooiserBowhunter

I don't know I am with the school of thought that Lovers would fit into Self Titled beautifully. I also saw a video from the eros sessions where Abe, Stephen, and Chi are jamming to what sounds like Finger of Death. I could not really tell though if it was or not.

nicklav

If Lovers were finished it would be great on S/T. Fits the mood perfectly.

dearthx1

I've always been bummed "Fingers Of Death" was never a song included on Saturday Night Wrist. The demo is awesome in my opinion, and that riff is such a classic heavy Deftones riff. Definitely could have swapped it out for "Mein" or something. "Bumble D" would also be cool to see a studio version of.

cvthedrv

please please, would be nice on the adrenaline album.

sooniletugo

Didn't Chino recently say that a song that was left off of Gore cause it didn't fit in the tracklisting was his favourite song from the sessions? I don't get why they never release these songs at all. I wish they'd do a new B-sides collection. But seems like they are intent on looking forward and not keen on putting out B-sides anymore. KNY was the first album where there was no b-sides or acoustic versions, covers etc.

cvthedrv

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 16, 2016, 04:13 AM
Didn't Chino recently say that a song that was left off of Gore cause it didn't fit in the tracklisting was his favourite song from the sessions? I don't get why they never release these songs at all. I wish they'd do a new B-sides collection. But seems like they are intent on looking forward and not keen on putting out B-sides anymore. KNY was the first album where there was no b-sides or acoustic versions, covers etc.

that's why that is the poorest album of all, i was very into the idea of listening an elvis or a earth wind and fire cover.

mrpelon94

its called crest...out of 16 songs 12 made the cut...theres a interview about it on theprp.com