Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

First Review of GORE

Started by sharinglungs, Mar 15, 2016, 10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Downloading the magazine right now, will type out the review if I have to... gimme a couple minutes guys.

lordecthulhu

post it on the subreddit too

sharinglungs

Hard to read, some reason it wouldnt fully load that page for me...

lordecthulhu

I can't open it for some reason. :p

EDIT: nvm

snw9

Appreciate sharinglungs thanks, however the quality is not so clear. There is a lot of talk about Jerry's solo and how is melancholy. Maybe Phantom bride is one of the sadder songs on the record.
Code: [Select]

sharinglungs

Quote from: lordecthulhu on Mar 15, 2016, 10:19 PM
I can't open it for some reason. :p
Try now.

Sounds like Xenon is more of a nirvana type track, Phantom bride takes off when Jerry's solo hits, geometric headdress is a recommended download.

Compared to KNY, gore is a great album.

Sounds like some songs sound like mourning chi.

Has lots of breathtaking moments and is dark and beautiful.

jciraheta

looks blury as hell , please someone paste it ?¿

sharinglungs

i just got it to give me high quality version give me 2 minutes

rainnyx4

Hope this means a leak is imminent any day now.

rainnyx4

Find it hard to believe that anyone could say that KNY didn't push boundaries for the band. Loved that album, and with that said, if Gore somehow turns out better than that, I'll be ecstatic to say the least.

jciraheta

the only weir thing i see it 4 stars, shouldn be five , and what dowload means that are the better ones or the meh ones ?

sharinglungs

Quote from: jciraheta on Mar 15, 2016, 10:45 PM
the only weir thing i see it 4 stars, shouldn be five , and what dowload means that are the better ones or the meh ones ?

Why would it be 5? Maybe they only rate out of 4...

and download means that those are songs that the reviewer wants you to listen to if you only had the chance to download 3 songs off the album.

jciraheta

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 15, 2016, 11:01 PM
Quote from: jciraheta on Mar 15, 2016, 10:45 PM

Why would it be 5? Maybe they only rate out of 4...

and download means that those are songs that the reviewer wants you to listen to if you only had the chance to download 3 songs off the album.

okok got you

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Mar 15, 2016, 10:39 PM
Find it hard to believe that anyone could say that KNY didn't push boundaries for the band. Loved that album, and with that said, if Gore somehow turns out better than that, I'll be ecstatic to say the least.
I wasn't a big fan of KNY. Diamond Eyes however was a solid record. Maybe the author and I have similar interests....

Yoi Yes Kokan

people hear different things i guess i have to respect that, but when i constantly hear negativity towards koi no yokan i get as depressed as the people that hold those views. please put it back on your record player and put your guard down, thank you.

gore might be the best one yet, i think it will be.

HooiserBowhunter

Sweet! I loved Nirvana In Utero when I was kid. Plus I really loved the whole Koi cd. Although I question a little of the review b/c for me I thought they shot Koi off into space with their atmospheric sound.

Inkblades

Koi would be pushing boundaries if this wasn't the band that gave us ATF, WP, S/T and SNW. When you know the unorthodox directions they've gone in the past, KNY just seems staid. DE didn't really take them in new directions either, but it was more successful because it was a "back to basics/recharge" kind of album, which was necessary after Chi's accident (and also because DE is the more cohesive album). I don't think the reviewer is saying KNY is a bad album, but it's just not as left-field as we know they are capable of being. KNY was Deftones resting on their laurels a little bit. Anyway, this review is exciting, because it seems Gore is a little more dark, haunting, experimental and complex.

guizz

That review made me sooo hyped up.

Inkblades

BTW, what magazine in this review from?