Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes & Rosemary riffs

Started by endstand, Mar 16, 2016, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

endstand

Please someone listen to the heavy ending riff of the song Diamond Eyes (02:44 - 03:07), then - ending heavy riff of Rosemary (05:00 - 05:38). Now tell me - did they ripped themselves?

Do you ever noticed any other similiar riffs between their other songs?
hello memory lover, you are mine

Penicks

jciraheta

yea sthepehn  is holding  back this band alot but mehh

cvthedrv

dude oh my god, they're stealing themselves!!!

defTHE1s

No until you mentioned that. Still, I don't really care, it's not the same riff and I prefer the ending of Rosemary still

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Penicks

how can anyone prefer the end of rosemary over anything ever created ever

cvthedrv

sometimes i have thought that diamond eyes and rosemary aren't from the same band.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: Penicks on Mar 16, 2016, 09:06 PM
how can anyone prefer the end of rosemary over anything ever created ever

and how it just melts into goon squad's intro. really highlights how good the flow was in KNY

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 16, 2016, 09:19 PM
sometimes i have thought that diamond eyes and rosemary aren't from the same band.

it's honestly hard to believe bored and what happened to you were made by the same band

Rally Sweat

Yeah, I find the Rosemary riff pretty jarring and superfluous (love the rest of the song, but just tolerate that bit), but the one on Diamond Eyes suits the flow of the song, and I like how slow and spacious it is. Just feels better in my ear lobes.

beaverwithfishyshoes

the 8string sounds same quick.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 16, 2016, 09:23 PM
it's honestly hard to believe bored and what happened to you were made by the same band
This.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

snw9

Rosemary deserved a much better conclusion, even if chino's guitar part made the cut it would have been fine.
Code: [Select]

sooniletugo

Yeah it sounded way better when Chino played on that part too. Kinda like the Beware ending. But on the studio version that chugging riff doesn't have as much effect.