Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Doomed User and P/T: which one do you prefer?

Started by CarloDefDonno, Mar 17, 2016, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarloDefDonno

We have two songs now. They are quite different and opposite in many ways. I am just curious about which one you think is the best.

Reichward

Right now I would say Prayers/Triangles, but who knows how it's going to turn out. I used to like Tempest more than Leathers, now it's quite the opposite.

Entombed

Doomed User, which surprises me because I like their more melodic stuff. Doomed User has grown on me a bit, but P/T has not. I think for me, it's because there are some minute details in the production of Prayers/Triangles that really piss me off. Sounds like a poorly put together single and I don't like the song's structure.

Still looking forward to the album, though.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

kleptoned

I enjoy both equally....  Its new Deftones. Im stoked either way

guizz

Very difficult. I would say Doomed User. But by just a hair. Maybe because it's new.

snw9

Doomed User has way more dynamics than P/T
Code: [Select]

Freedomsoldier17

Prayers/Triangles definitely. That verse with the dreamy riffs/vocals and that heavier drop with the chorus snagged me in with first listen. Also the ending chorus...where the whole song just comes together in awesome freakin sounds. The first time I listened to this song I felt physically/emotionally better after a long day.

Doomed User on the other hand will be a grower. The guitar isn't really catchy imo and chino's vocals seem to be excessively random in a way I don't like.

P/T: 9

DU: 5

2MoreHours

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 18, 2016, 12:58 AM
Prayers/Triangles definitely. That verse with the dreamy riffs/vocals and that heavier drop with the chorus snagged me in with first listen. Also the ending chorus...where the whole song just comes together in awesome freakin sounds. The first time I listened to this song I felt physically/emotionally better after a long day.

Doomed User on the other hand will be a grower. The guitar isn't really catchy imo and chino's vocals seem to be excessively random in a way I don't like.

P/T: 9

DU: 5

This^

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Inkblades

I like both, but I'm leaning towards Prayers/Triangles because I think Chino's vocals are a bit stronger.

ANattyRat

Doomed User. Prayers/Triangles is great but it's nothing out-of-the-box, whereas Doomed User is simply awesome.

shine down unshy

I say both.  Prayers/Triangles actually sounded AMAZING live.  Neat story, had to make sure my car wasn't getting towed so I walked away while they were playing P/T.  I could hear Chino saying "you will never be free" and feel Sergio's bass literally a block away. 

HooiserBowhunter

Typically I would lean towards a sound like Prayers/Triangles, but Doomed User has really grown on me. Also I think my downloaded version from itunes sounds so much better than the link I was clicking on all day. Either way I am digging both songs so far. Plus all this talk of how awesome Acid Hologram is has me pretty fired up that its sandwhiched right in between these songs on the album.