Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PT --- DU too diferent ?

Started by jciraheta, Mar 21, 2016, 03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jciraheta

just to kill time, but yes i do that they sound too diferente like from 2 albums diferents

chino always said he likes albums that are like cohesive works , i dont know, just , i like them both but prefer if the album is more pt than du

greetings from El salvador

ANattyRat

I don't know what band you've been listening to, but this band has always had diverse songs. Hell, White Pony has Elite and Pink Maggit. The album doesn't have to have similar-sounding songs to be cohesive, they just have to flow within the context of the album. Koi No Yokan had Rosemary followed by Goon Squad, which sound completely different, but they were linked by the outro/intro, so it flowed very well.

If you want songs like Prayers/Triangles, that's cool, you'll find them. But most of them won't sound like it, and most won't sound like Doomed User. They'll just sound like how they sound, somewhere between 'soft' and 'crazy aggressive', sometimes both at the same time.

jciraheta

thanks for tha asnwer , yea your right about elite and pink maggit , they are diferente but seem to be recorde the same way , maybe i didnt explain myself well, i fell like pt and du like they were recorder too diferent like, i dont know the equipement or mixing, i am not a sound enginerr, thats what i feel but maye i am wrong ... :)

kleptoned

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 21, 2016, 03:46 PM
I don't know what band you've been listening to, but this band has always had diverse songs. Hell, White Pony has Elite and Pink Maggit. The album doesn't have to have similar-sounding songs to be cohesive, they just have to flow within the context of the album. Koi No Yokan had Rosemary followed by Goon Squad, which sound completely different, but they were linked by the outro/intro, so it flowed very well.

If you want songs like Prayers/Triangles, that's cool, you'll find them. But most of them won't sound like it, and most won't sound like Doomed User. They'll just sound like how they sound, somewhere between 'soft' and 'crazy aggressive', sometimes both at the same time.
This...

LG95

Chino's said that this will be a more fragmented album as well.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

Chino seems to love contrasts. Everytime he's had to explain an album cover or title, that's what he'd talk about.

Around the Fur : contrast between clean (Around) and dirty (fur, pussy, etc.)
White Pony : contrast between the majestic animal (horse/pony) and the "ugly" music

etc etc.

He's said the same about Gore.

Two of his favorite bands are Weezer and HUM, which both feature heavy guitars contrasting with flat simple vocals. I could go on and on.

Deftones' music has always been kinda lunatic, except for KNY which was way more straightforward in my opinion. I think it's a must. I don't think the difference between DU and P/T breaks the cohesion, but then again I wouldn't know what cohesion you're talking about : the album is not released.

guizz

I like how Doomed user sounds like a metal song from the 80's with a super raw demo feel. It suits the song well. Hopefully not all songs sounds like that, but P/T pretty much proves it. So I'm not worried. I like diversity in an album and the first 2 songs have it.

from_musings

Quote from: MrVesanique on Mar 21, 2016, 04:06 PM
Chino seems to love contrasts. Everytime he's had to explain an album cover or title, that's what he'd talk about.

Around the Fur : contrast between clean (Around) and dirty (fur, pussy, etc.)
White Pony : contrast between the majestic animal (horse/pony) and the "ugly" music

around the fur: the fur being beautiful on the outside, but on the other side of it/around it - bloody skin,terrible looking
white pony - slang for cocaine

Vesanic

Far away

The fact they sound totally different ..i'm fine with it. I way more annoyed by the fact the guitar sound is so different from what i'm used to. Some ppl love the new tune, I just hate it. Oh well...

jciraheta

Du seems likes it was recorded in a garage ande people just playing on ,  PT sound like it has many computer layers added, i know its actally frank , but year the flavor its very diferent  pd sorry for mu english  :o

illthrowROCKS@U

Yeah seriously, every album has this dichotomy.

ST had WGTB and AOAUE.
SNW had Riviere and Ratsx3

Someone already mentioned WP, and the rest had examples too.

Personally I love DU and only find PT okay..  I'm sure there will be enough to make everyone happy on this record.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

iceeslunk

iiiiii think that doomed user is TOO heavy and TOO dope for SOME people to cope with, and this is coming from an old-as-dirt deftones fan from the adrenaline era (who probably shouldnt be drinking on a weeknight)  :D
but i digress...
deftones have always been versatile & true to themselves as a band, thats what we love about them, no?

HooiserBowhunter

I kind of like the variation between the two songs so far. I like everything from there very heavy stuff like Elite as well as there lighter stuff like Sextape. Its all speculative at this point, but I have a feeling this album is going to bounce around quite a bit. Im just hoping for a mesh of great guitars, cool lyrics, good drums, and atmospheric sound.