Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What is your dream Deftones collab?

Started by Phantasmagoria, Mar 27, 2016, 03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasmagoria

Who would you think would make an excellent collaboration with Deftones? (even though they've never done a collab album with all the members)

I'd have to say maudlin of the Well

That'd be incredible

Bergerac

Kangding Ray is on their level.

Burial. Mark Lanegan.  Ben Frost. Meshuggah. Boards Of Canada. Chelsea Wolfe. Björk. NIN. Mike Garson. Brian Eno. Earth. QOTSA.

pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Lurid Vega

A full album with Maynard James Keenan with any members from Tool, A Perfect Circle, or Puscifer.  Embers is an awesome song, could easily listen to a full album with Lamb of God

cvthedrv

Vesanic

My obvious answer would be Daryl Palumbo.

I've always thought that if DJ Shadow worked with Frank, they'd probably make the best ambient record in over twenty years.

Martin

- Grady Avenell / Will Haven.
- Dustin Kensrue / Thrice.
- Dredg.
- Converge.
- Devil Sold His Soul.
- Amenra.

dearthx1

Converge would be awesome. Or even Poison The Well, I remember when they toured together in 2003.

But also, especially with their more recent offerings, I think Chelsea Wolfe would be an interesting collaboration.

ANattyRat

Since Glassjaw/Daryl's already been said, I'm going with Tosin Abasi.

LG95

I could float here forever

guizz

Quote from: dearthx1 on Mar 27, 2016, 03:08 PM
Converge would be awesome.

I would not mind a Kurt Ballou produced deftones album

77years

Ivan Moody, Maria Brink, Jamey Jasta

Would be epic

Yeah

all3n_y

I think a collab with Trent Reznor would be amazing. Chino has talked about many times how much he likes instrumental/electronic music. Trent could be that missing link for Deftones! 🤔

luisch

Bjork, Rachel Goswell, Jhonny Greenwood or Thom Yorke, Dave Gahan.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Hidalgo

my dream collaboration is simply Stephen doing a solo on an album. the more he refuses the more i want it. 0% chance ever, but man i'd be proud if he did. the Jerry Cantrell solo can fck off, Stephen won't ever play it live so it's pointless (Jerry should preasure him into learning it) but no...

anyway, here's some names since Stef won't solo. Dave Mustaine, Robert Smith, Anthony Keitis, Deron Miller

Mr Blonde

Jay Forrest, Daryl Palumbo, Dustin Kensrue, Pertubator (James Kent), Keith Buckley, Jason Butler, Chelsea Lankes, FKA Twigs. 

E-Money

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 28, 2016, 02:43 AM
my dream collaboration is simply Stephen doing a solo on an album. the more he refuses the more i want it. 0% chance ever, but man i'd be proud if he did. the Jerry Cantrell solo can fck off, Stephen won't ever play it live so it's pointless (Jerry should preasure him into learning it) but no...

anyway, here's some names since Stef won't solo. Dave Mustaine, Robert Smith, Anthony Keitis, Deron Miller

Man it's gonna suck ass if phantom bride turns out to be incredible and they never play it live... Hopefully they are on the same bill with Alice and chains eventually and they play it together .  Also hope chino joins Lamb of God once to do embers live...

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 28, 2016, 02:43 AM

frank can play the solo on keys live? :p   I don't really know how to feel about the cantrell solo. on one hand it will probably sound great and different on a deftones record, something new and fresh. on the other hand it's a little below their dignity to have to phone in a better musician to do the job. when they already have a guitarist. stephen should be able to do it. the solo doesn't need to be flashy at lightning-fast levels, he could just nail some beautiful melodies in it. in the end i think i will feel better about a 100% deftones song.