Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Steph's old 6 string guitars

Started by 2MoreHours, Mar 31, 2016, 01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

Does anyone have the old green 6 string ESP SC-1?  If so, can you post some pics so I can envy you?  I've always wanted that guitar but it hardly ever pops up on ebay.  The last one I saw went for like $2500 about a year ago.

whitefur

I'm still kicking myself for not at least getting the LTD version......the green SC-6 or whatever. I loved the look of that guitar.

lungdamage

^ I got this one but the black one.

Bifrost

I agree, wish I would have gotten one... I actually have his 7 string in sunburst which is pretty sweet, but I hardly play it tho', wish I would have gotten the 6 string instead

Man I miss his old tone, it was so distinct and dissonant, he hasn't had that since WP

whitefur

Quote from: Bifrost on Mar 31, 2016, 07:37 PM
I agree, wish I would have gotten one... I actually have his 7 string in sunburst which is pretty sweet, but I hardly play it tho', wish I would have gotten the 6 string instead

Man I miss his old tone, it was so distinct and dissonant, he hasn't had that since WP

I agree. I loved his tone on White Pony and ATF on the 6 string. That was his best tone for sure. S/T had good tone with the 7, too.

2MoreHours

Quote from: Bifrost on Mar 31, 2016, 07:37 PM

I had the LTD SC-607B which is a black 7 string.  The neck was a bit much for me but it sounded good.  I also prefer 6 strings.  You can always down tune them to play lower stuff.  I've just always loved that Jolly Rancher green guitar.  That one and the Washburn Dime Slime which was Dimebag Darrell's signature.  The color just makes my jimmy jump.