Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Acid Hologram

Started by RaptureWS, Apr 02, 2016, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

For those that have heard the song, what do you think? The chorus is growing on me, but overall it doesn't do much of anything for me at all. I love every single album and practically every song they have ever written with all my heart but I am starting to think Gore will be the first album of their career that doesn't click with me like all the others. Deftones are by far my favorite band and this feeling of disappointment is strange to me. Then again, there are 8 songs we still haven't heard.

Anyways, what does everyone else think of Acid?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

whitefur

Isn't the word on the street that the last 7 songs off the album are the bomb dot com??

bcoberly

how can I hear this?

Havoc

I personally love it.

Shadow46/2

Reminds me of a metal version of "perfect" from SP

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

RaptureWS

Quote from: whitefur on Apr 02, 2016, 06:53 PM
Isn't the word on the street that the last 7 songs off the album are the bomb dot com??

Yep. They say the album really takes off after Hearts/Wires and that the last 4 tracks rival any other stretch of amazing songs on their other albums.

guizz

Holding up on this, waiting for a real full quality leak or nothing.

snw9

Its is slow, heavy, and amazing.
Code: [Select]

2MoreHours

I think it's pretty good.  It's got some creepy vibes and shiny vibes as well.  I like the sinister guitar part before the verse.  Pretty sold song.  Definitely better than P/T and DU for me.

Freedomsoldier17

Definitely a weirder song. The guitar goes in random turns and but the vocals keep pace well. This album is gonna be a heck of a journey

bcoberly

can this be emailed to deadonbroadway@gmail.com ...pretty please  ;)

RaptureWS

Quote from: bcoberly on Apr 02, 2016, 07:16 PM
can this be emailed to deadonbroadway@gmail.com ...pretty please  ;)

Sending it momentarily if you haven't heard it yet :)

2MoreHours

The very beginning of AH reminds me of a slower version of Chevelle-Send the Pain Below.  That's about the only thing I can come up with.

Val

Sounds like Smile mixed with Diamond Eyes. I love it.

float here 4ever

Can anyone send it to me please? saniokhdfan@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Matthewtheloser

I just listened to Acid Hologram a few times over. I'm absolutely in love with it, to be honest. If the rest of the album shows as much quality as this song, I can definitely see Gore being one of my all time favorite Deftones releases, along with White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist. Funny enough, if this song is any indication, I get the feeling that this will be a polarizing release in the same way those albums were at their respective times.

kurtone

Really sounds '90s rockish to me, especially the intro. Someone mentioned that its reminiscent to Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie, spot on.

Veridisquo1

:)

daicula

B0RNtoR0CK

NO LINKS