Started by RaptureWS, Apr 02, 2016, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantrim

help a bro out

phantrim@gmail.com

Thank you!

RaptureWS

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Apr 02, 2016, 10:38 PM
I just listened to Acid Hologram a few times over. I'm absolutely in love with it, to be honest. If the rest of the album shows as much quality as this song, I can definitely see Gore being one of my all time favorite Deftones releases, along with White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist. Funny enough, if this song is any indication, I get the feeling that this will be a polarizing release in the same way those albums were at their respective times.

I agree. This is the farthest Deftones have ventured from their "core" sound since WP. Even WP though felt like an extension or an evolution of the band. For the most part, the 5 songs from "Gore" are a hard left turn lol! I do LIKE all the songs and I love Gore. It has been 13 years but I remember having similar feelings about S/T. Minus Gore, S/T was the only album that had to grow on me while the rest were just instantly classic for me. I REALLY hope Gore grows on me the way S/T did. They have yet to disappoint me in these 18 years of being a fan but as it stands it looks like it might finally happen.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

nimmerzz

Purdy plz!

lbcomputerhelp@gmail.com

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 02, 2016, 11:53 PM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Apr 02, 2016, 10:38 PM
I just listened to Acid Hologram a few times over. I'm absolutely in love with it, to be honest. If the rest of the album shows as much quality as this song, I can definitely see Gore being one of my all time favorite Deftones releases, along with White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist. Funny enough, if this song is any indication, I get the feeling that this will be a polarizing release in the same way those albums were at their respective times.

I agree. This is the farthest Deftones have ventured from their "core" sound since WP. Even WP though felt like an extension or an evolution of the band. For the most part, the 5 songs from "Gore" are a hard left turn lol! I do LIKE all the songs and I love Gore. It has been 13 years but I remember having similar feelings about S/T. Minus Gore, S/T was the only album that had to grow on me while the rest were just instantly classic for me. I REALLY hope Gore grows on me the way S/T did. They have yet to disappoint me in these 18 years of being a fan but as it stands it looks like it might finally happen.

I'm sure you'll end up loving it when all is said and done! Koi took quite a while to grow on me, and to this day I'm finding more and more things I appreciate about it. With Gore, the three new tracks are really giving me great vibes, they're definitely dramatically better than P/T or Doomed User in my opinion, which haven't been giving me that "oomph" feel so far. Acid Hologram knocked me on my ass, and I think it's going to be a personal favorite of mine. Gore's ending is just so fucking massive, I can see myself returning to it over and over again. Phantom Bride is great, but I feel like I'm still picking up on it. 

pelican fly

this songs gonna rock in high quality and live.

ChannelZer0

I'd be forever grateful
shadowfromthesun@yahoo.com
Sorrow

sharinglungs

My Attempt at the lyrics if anyone can decipher the quiet bits, please do! or if the guy who leaked the album could post the official lyrics?

Quotein the haze of your life
we beg and wait
you've surrounded ours again
you smother me in shapes
your secret breaks us
show me your charms
reveal your name
blow the clouds from your mouth again
and smother me in shapes
reveal your secret side
you like fame and our hearts
receding in time the disguise will shift and reverse

go inside take your body away from me and shoot straight
(can't hear this part)

In the wake of your dream
we make and drink
you remind me of them again

smother me in shapes
and reveal your secret inside
you like the fame and our hearts receding in time
your disguise will shift and reverse

(can't make it out)

inside you like the fame
and our hearts receding in time
in time you like the fame
and our hearts receding in time

karabian17

I would be the happiest human alive if you guys can please<3
Karabian17@gmail.com

ChannelZer0

It's dirty and beautiful! Tasty!
Sorrow

Helpabrotha

And everyone was calling greGORErio and CareBear fake.... *cough... Suck a dick ...*cought

TheyCallMeP

Out of all the songs from Gore thus far, Acid Hologram is probably my favorite.

mrpelon94

pony_01

acid hologram is the highlights of gore

Rutje15

What an epic song. End of the world feeling. Massive sound. This hits me right in the soul.

Far away

Dude last time i checked this thread, it had 150 pages, now its the double? Holy crap.. waiting til my b-day tomorrow to hear them lol.

mrpelon94

Can somebody please hook a brother up with these please

Rally Sweat

I've only got to (L)mirl so far (fuck you forever work), but Acid Hologram's immediately clicked with me. It's weird, I'm weird - we get on well!

epistaxis

Just found the song on youtube today, and it's my favorite so far. (from the leaks and the properly released tracks)
It gives me goosebumps.
Also, it reminds me of Placebo's 'Passive Aggressive' in a way.

snw9

This could have been mixed slightly better to make Frank's effects louder like a layer over the guitars
Code: [Select]

IN WAVES

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 02, 2016, 10:22 PM
The very beginning of AH reminds me of a slower version of Chevelle-Send the Pain Below.  That's about the only thing I can come up with.

I always thought Send the Pain Below was a Be Quiet and Drive rip-off. lol Maybe it's just the guitars.