Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Song on Gore (First Reaction)

Started by illthrowROCKS@U, Apr 03, 2016, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karabian17

cvthedrv

rageman02uk

Like OP said chances are it will change over time, but Ive gone with Hearts/Wires and (L)mirl.

wkcwkc

Tough to pick one, but Acid has me hooked. 

(L)mirl seems to borrow some bass from Tool.  The chorus has some cues of Hum, which I think was a relatively overlooked band in the grunge days.  Loving it. 

Rubicon is the best album closer since Pink Maggit.

77years

LMIRL is devastating

Rubicon I want played at my funeral

B_S_79

Hearts/Wires is a standout after going through a full listen just once.

This is an evil record. I love it.

Hearts/Wires is so creepy. It gives me an uneasy vibe. Its very ominous.

When listening to H/W I keep picturing an old abandoned creepy amusement park.

kleptoned

Only voted for one but it was Geometric Headress. Love the build up after the chorus and yes it will change but for now thats my jam...

jlaggot

Hearts/Wires because it's the most personal song Chino has written lyrically since Beware, the intro is one of the few spacey moments in the album that you can really chill out to, but it transforms into absolute devastation by the time the chorus finally hits almost 3 minutes in.

Rubicon because i feel like it's one of the most important songs Deftones has written in a long time. They sound like they're having a shit ton of fun like they were on some Diamond Eyes or KNY tracks (Goon Squad, Rocket Skates, etc), but it also has that edge of uplift that is so genuine. It's everyone at the top of their game: Chino's "YOU CANNOT FACE THE CROWD", Abe just destroying those crashes, hell even Frank gets some time to shine around the 3 minute mark.

glassdomino

B_S_79

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 03, 2016, 09:09 PM
Only voted for one but it was Geometric Headress. Love the build up after the chorus and yes it will change but for now thats my jam...

This one is standing out on my second listen.

I fucking love this album. I'm so proud of these guys.

karabian17

can someone tell me or send me a link to download please
Karabian17@gmail.com

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: karabian17 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:31 PM
Karabian17@gmail.com

was pm'd to you hours ago

jlaggot

Quote from: karabian17 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:31 PM
Karabian17@gmail.com

www.google.com

atmusphereic

Acid Hologram followed by Gore.  Pittura Infamante is kind of a hidden gem though, especially that tasty riff at 2:28  8).

karabian17

what was pm'd to me was not the deftones new album il tell you that much.

Freedomsoldier17

phantom bride and hearts/wires...awesome songs. prayers/triangles, geometric headdress, close behind...acid hologram and rubicon a little farther. everything else will be a grower.

Hinojos

Hearts/Wires, Phantom Bride, (L)MIRL, and Pittura Infamante stuck out to me with the first listen, but Rubicon...that song is something else. I'm obsessed with the sound and the vibes from that one, so it's #1 for me.

kleptoned

Now im on a (L)MIRL kick. What a song...

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: karabian17 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:49 PM
what was pm'd to me was not the deftones new album il tell you that much.

then suck it.

Dryalex12

Phantom is like the new Beware. it starts off really smooth and pretty..and then it ends with the exact opposite.....and its awesome