Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Song on Gore (First Reaction)

Started by illthrowROCKS@U, Apr 03, 2016, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesluvrbrazil

Sry guys, but Doomed User and Pittura Infamante are not listenable to...I wonder WHY THE HELL did they pick Doomer User as a single.

jciraheta

i can get the bass of the song  gore out my head 

ominousnimbus

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 04, 2016, 01:50 AM
Sry guys, but Doomed User and Pittura Infamante are not listenable to...I wonder WHY THE HELL did they pick Doomer User as a single.
"Doomed User" is garbage compared to the rest of the album. It's almost like they wanted to lower expectations before the record dropped - I can't think of any other reason for putting that out as one of the first singles. I was to the point of not being excited for this album much at all (since "P/T" is only mediocre to me, too) until I heard it yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised.

I honestly would rather "Doomed User" were left off and the album had 10 tracks. It's annoying sandwiched in between two awesome songs.

Can't pick a favorite yet. Hologram and Phantom are the early contenders, but there are 3-4 others I can't rule out.

TTEOAI

Phantom Bride is currently blowing all other songs put of the water for me. Except Geometric Headdress. That song is amazing and such new territory for Deftones. I'm also really liking those screams at the end of Gore.

Freedomsoldier17

my first reactions to the new songs as i listened

acid hologram - holy shit this riff...really heavy. spacey vocals but also pretty dark...YOU SMOTHER
ME IN SHAPES...catchy chorus. now sounding sinister, menacing...whoever made that post about smashing
pumpkins and that other band having a baby, yeah sounds like that lol. super dark bridge, makes me
think of being in a labrynith on halloween. and the vocals, they move like a snake. 4/5 stars

geometric headdress - digging the vocals, guitar back and forth, the melody, up and down, reminds
me of combat. the speaking anger part ... woah. vocal drop in chorus, very catchy and neat. abe low key tearing it up!
4/5 stars

hearts/wires - the intro...atmospheric..the guitar echo, the spaciness. bass also makes it a little
heavy. oh!! heres the instagram beginning! very unconventional vocals...mix between crosses and
palms? serg with the bassline...getting a little faster now. oh damn that chorus. man...perfect
balance between heaviness and spaciness. this song is sexy. man this chorus is wild...its makes
me think of re-entering earth's atmosphere. wow. 5/5 stars

pittura infamante - oh boy, major 90s influence here. decentish riff, vocals not particularly
catchy...kinda spacey? 1 minute...not digging. okay vocals gettin better, guitar seems somewhat
off. cool vocal effects in bridge. damn that heaviness...oh shit abe!! more vocal echoes here.
not liking the first half, enjoying second half more. yeah the chorus is not catchy, not liking the
"ooo"...abe is slammin tho. that gamey ending!! 3/5 stars

xenon - that trippy ass guitar...dang. super spacey vocals...oh he's singing about chi i think.
chorus pretty meh...not catchy at all. a little more now...but i don't like this song much. it's
kinda...dry. 3/5 stars

(L)MIRL - oh this intro...shit. its like being underwater...scuba diving. these vocals...match the
song. dark and spacey. a little more raw...like doomed user, but a lot slower. oh that riff, that
bass. different song structure...but its interesting. chino's vocals...not the lyrics but their
sound...it's like he's making a painting with this song. and the anger comes...i see...chino screams!
3.5/5 stars

gore - very interesting beginning, raw ass riff! a definite left turn. woah shit!! definitely heavy!
man they're tearin up! the mixing is killer. Def reminds me of hexagram. the melodic part...not
very catchy. but this song will shred live. holy fuck...major chino scream. duh duh duh...like a
piano. the ending seems a wee bit overdone
3/5 stars

phantom bride - Oh damn...that raw beginning. Wow super spacey...oh wow, i enjoy this. this is a
beautiful phantom bride. the verses are gorgeous, damn. i wanna slow dance to this...wow. soaring
vocals in chorus...perfect mixing, catchy. is this jerry yet? i love this song dude. makes me hope
i meet a DT fan irl who's my age. and the outro...woah heavier. i thought i wouldn't like this part,
but damn they're nailing it! 5/5 stars

rubicon - drummy beginning...they haven't done that before. wow damn, this is good. definitely post
rocky. man, this shreds, heavy ass verse. very spacey and pretty. FACE THE CROWD, LET YOURSELF..
this is good. soaring vocals...chino still has his range. the crowd goes wild...damn. man, pretty
riff. WOO! This ending...so epic. I love it man...so catchy. And here we go...final minute. steph
and everyone shreddin. WIIILLLD. abe goin all out. and this ending part...slam slam slam, has me
headbanging. 4/5 stars

Far away

Inkblades

Can't decide between Acid Hologram and Hearts/Wires.

E-Money

I'm in love with the last 4 tracks. It's probably my favorite stretch on any of their records. I picked rubicon for my favorite because I love how uplifting and triumphant it is! Second would be phantom bride. It's so sad but so beautiful in the same way. Almost like he's singing about himself going through a tough time or maybe a lover... Idk but I dig it. And steph and Jerry at the end just kill it ⚒🔥👌🏻💯

Also love Lmirl.. Totally new territory for them and thought geo and acid were phenomenal too. I basically like the whole record. I guess I liked doomed a little bit more when playing the whole record but still my least favorite song.. Just feels forced to me..

I'm really curious to hear the real thing. I feel like we'll be discovering new sounds and feelings for months. This album is so layered and frank really shines on most of the tracks.

But most of all I want to hear what tracks Terry touched. That's driving me nuts. I have to know. But what a day! This band will always be my first true love in music. They always push the boundaries and deliver something ahead of their time. Thrilled to see everyone enjoying it :)

StaminaDaddy

Jorge

This is a hard call. I only had the chance to hear the album a couple of times but for now Top 3 would be Hearts/Wires, (L)MIRL and Geometric Headdress. We all should be proud of these guys, they will never stop to surprise us.

redeemer96

Phantom bride is probably gonna be my favorite as it is hard to choose but i keep going back to this one song. my gf also finds this to be the best one nd could only sound better upon release. Rubicon is a close runner up nd hearts/wires is too after the official release

only pieces remain

1. geometric headdress
2. gore

3. hearts/wires
4. acid hologram
5. phantom bride
6. doomed user
7. pittura infamante
8. xenon
9. rubicon
10. (l)mirl
11. prayers/triangles

all3n_y

Acid Hologram for sure. I can't get it out of my head!!

FEITICEIRA

"Gore" reminds me of 2003  8) and that end breakdown on "Phantom Bride". I think "Rubicon" is my favorite, that chorus hits me like I'm hearing White Pony again for the first time. 
get bored.

Jorge

I'm digging Gore now. This track is absolutely schizophrenic, the last part for me sounds like drone/doom metal.

Moz

It used to be Gore, the Rubicon, and its Hearts/Wires now.

Thats what a good album does. It keeps changing the best track in your head.

neirda

Really hard to tell this early in the digestion process.

Phantom bride is maybe one of the most beautiful song on this album
GH just drives me crazy when the chorus kicks in.
HW has this spacey 90's feeling in the intro, makes me so nostalgic
Gore destroys just everything
AH is gloomy dark yet beautiful
Rubicon is just perfect as a closer
maybe PI and Xenon are not at the same level
Doomed User is the one I'll skip I think

deftoner664

It blows my mind that Chino says Gore is his least favorite song.. It fucking embodies everything I love about Deftones..
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

sooniletugo

Quote from: deftoner664 on Apr 06, 2016, 07:57 PM
It blows my mind that Chino says Gore is his least favorite song.. It fucking embodies everything I love about Deftones..

Me too, I guess he just prefers the more mellow stuff now.

I absolutely love every song. Still love Prayers too. Rubicon stands out as my favourite currently though.

NicholasHume

Oh boy, it's all good! (I voted Rubicon though...)