Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

User Reviews (short)

Started by rock_n_frost, Apr 05, 2016, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

After a few more plays, the album as a whole seems solid. I just dont care about 'Doomed User' and 'Geometric Headdress'. I gotta admit, that 'Pittura Infamante' is growing on me. Not a hightlight on the record, but its a cool tune.

Whats makes me sad though, is the fact that we prolly wont ever see 'Phantom Bride' live, unless they run into Jerry Cantrell in a tour. I wouldnt mind Frank playing the solo as a sample, as long they as they play it.

Alectwin

Pittura's opening is very Weezer style, i don't dislike it

uroboros80

First, "Thank You" to Sharinglungs & DEFTONES! Twas they who made this experience possible. So... Mahalo!

My first spin of GORE seriously traumatized me.  It was viscerally & brutally beautiful, but in the most harrowing way imaginable. The onslaught of the second act just eviscerated my spiritual entrails.   I am now afraid of this album. I will always dread to revel in GORE.  It is the most intense album they have ever done.

guizz

I will take me way more time and listens to be able to give a complete honest opinion on this album

lungdamage

Quote from: Alectwin on Apr 05, 2016, 10:44 PM
Pittura's opening is very Weezer style, i don't dislike it

Thought of this straight away too ;)

lungdamage

I get down with Pittura Infamante

lungdamage

Brief history: ATF my fav, WP second fav

G o R E - First impressions:

1- P/T: yep ( well crafted, but i wish they chose a diff opener to punk it up a bit, for me i woulda had it second)
2- ACID: one of my favs, just listen to it.
3- Doom: dig it, give me some more metal!
4- Geo: Solid - this is the point i realised this album was something i wasn't quite expecting and i loved that.
5- Hearts: Can't fault this little beast
6- Pittura: Intro sounds like a Weezer homage. Get with it. And The actual song ...This track is awesome. Kinda reminds me of at the drive in -ish.
7- Xenon: Abe really works this, but haven't gotten into the rest of it, can't - yet.
8- Lmir: the start rules.. then i lose it at the janes addiction surfy vibe (this is where your all like wtf) , end is cool.
9- Gore: This could have been a good opener! if the end wasn't so doom. sick.
10- Phantom: These lyrics hit my like a tonne of bricks, so i can barely listen to it. the song is amazing, and the ending is awesome.
11- Rubicon: I like how this builds,  im feeling it :)

lots of emotions... not a shitload of straight up heaviness, could have done with one more of those. I really dig this, it's RICH! Deftones always own when they push it outside the comfort zone.

ALT track order:

gore
prayers/triangles
doomed user
geometric headdress
acid hologram
hearts-wires
Pittura Infamante
Xenon
phantom bride
rubicon
(L)mirl

Fav track at the moment: acid hologram

RATING: Get back to expecting the unexpected, and it's a great thing.