Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Proud parents of baby "Gore"

Started by 77years, Apr 07, 2016, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedomsoldier17

so many parents

this must be a super mutant baby

Penicks

the 3:50 mark of phantom bride shares a similarity with gybe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcE4_7-X78

9:30ish

77years

NYRexall

I bet years from now it's generally regarded that Gore was merely a Deftones album where Frank brought in samples of all these bands and more we haven't heard yet, the band mimicked the parts and Chino laid down some vocals of lyrics he had cooling until the next Crosses/Palms record

from_musings

Quote from: el perro on Apr 04, 2016, 04:33 PM
This might be the first Deftones album I don't get. It sounds like a covers album with each song reminding me of a song written by someone else. Deftones used to be innovators, but now they're imitators.. This album demonstrates that Chino really doesn't understand anything about song writing. He just makes a lot of noise doing the same things he's always does every album and made the mistake of ignoring Stephen this time and go along with Serj who apparently isn't any better.

dude that's harsch. with that said, never a saw a thread like this about their other records..

HooiserBowhunter

Hum sounds pretty good I had never heard of them until you mentioned them. Thanks for exposing me to them. I find it hard to find good rock anymore. The city I live in doesn't even have a good rock station anymore except for just classic rock.

77years

A thread like this could definitely be made about every album by every artist. I could hear Queen in Shudder to Think, and Bowie in Queen, and Stones in Bowie, on and on

Vesanic

I posted The Smashing Pumpkins' Bodies, well the way Chino sings "Together" on the bridges of Gore pretty much sounds like Billy singing "Forever" in Bodies.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: 77years on Apr 09, 2016, 05:15 PM
A thread like this could definitely be made about every album by every artist. I could hear Queen in Shudder to Think, and Bowie in Queen, and Stones in Bowie, on and on

Yeah I wonder if they are even fans of some of these groups.

HooiserBowhunter

I can't believe I had never heard of Failure before. Im really digging their stuff too.