Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones The Studio Collection

Started by gwenudo, Apr 08, 2016, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

This collection came out of nowhere under the radar, nobody promoted it really. WHY!? I dont know, but its stupid that they didnt, because this is something we wanted.
The Studio Collection is every song in every album Remastered. The thing is though the iTunes version is different, way different. Its a lot more clear but not just that, it adds things we've never heard in the normal versions! The point to this thread is, i need your help finding every part thats new on there that you've never heard, for example like the man talking on Pink Maggit at the end. Also discuss what all you like about the iTunes version, because its fucking sick.

These are the changes that have been found so far.
Pink Maggit: at 5:51 a professor speaks to a class about the sound of a teenage girls heart
Passenger: at 5:18, Chino sings in a melodic tone unlike the normal version which is just instrumental.
Lotion: the last sceam in the end is slightly longer
Lhabia: at 2:21, another line is added of Chino murmuring words
Street Carp: Chino doesn't stop singing at the end, he continues saying "Write it down, now that you get it"
Root: at 3:10 where Chino yells "YEEEAAAAAA" is gone
Back to School: Chi is very loud and clear in this track
Headup: its the extended ending version
All tracks are basically a lot more clearer and Frank is a bit louder on most tracks, sadly not my favorite tracks.

Was it like it seemed?...

ANattyRat

Was it definitely released today, or has it been out a while and none of us noticed?

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:20 AM
Was it definitely released today, or has it been out a while and none of us noticed?
It was announced the other day by some website i think, but not from deftones, it was released today.

Val

Just an FYI for everyone:
Its is mastered for itunes and thus not the highest possible quality. Goes for individual and the collection.

http://www.hdtracks.com/ has the highest quality FLAC 24bit/96khz and youll end up hearing even more things and sounds way better. It's more expensive and takes up more space but its worth it.

FLAC can be played on an iphone too with an app like VLC player.

Im listening through now and cross playing the tracks. The doctor part is all ive noticed right now.

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 08:23 AM
Its is mastered for itunes and thus not the highest possible quality. Goes for individual and the collection.

http://www.hdtracks.com/ has the highest quality FLAC 24bit/96khz and youll end up hearing even more things and sounds way better. It's more expensive and takes up more space but its worth it.

Although that may be true, the hidden stuff wont be on those tracks, only iTunes has them.

ANattyRat

That's weird. Then again, they barely manage to keep us in the loop about things anyway, haha. Well, I can't discuss this collection at the moment because I'm listening to Gore for the 20+ time, but let me know if you come across anything interesting!

Val

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:24 AM

Although that may be true, the hidden stuff wont be on those tracks, only iTunes has them.

They are. Im listening to them now? The ending part to pink maggit is on there.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:25 AM
That's weird. Then again, they barely manage to keep us in the loop about things anyway, haha. Well, I can't discuss this collection at the moment because I'm listening to Gore for the 20+ time, but let me know if you come across anything interesting!
I have, 2 interesting things, passenger on 5:18 has chino singing melodically to the end, and also the last scream on lotion is longer than normal.

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 08:25 AM

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:26 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:25 AM
I have, 2 interesting things, passenger on 5:18 has chino singing melodically to the end, and also the last scream on lotion is longer than normal.

Duuuuuude, that part on Passenger is awesome! They should've had this on the proper album, haha. This is weird, man, why aren't they talking about this?! OK, if someone meets them next time they're playing somewhere, ask them about this, because this is awesome and mysterious.

gwenudo

Does it also have the part on 5:18 for passenger?

Val

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:28 AM

It is I swear. Just note that I bought the remastered albums individual. Sounds seriously incredible.

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 08:31 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:28 AM

It is I swear. Just note that I bought the remastered albums individual. Sounds seriously incredible.
Wonder if theres a difference between the whole collection and individually

Val

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:29 AM
What are you referring to?

Edit: I see the extended vocals. Yep its there.

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 08:33 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:29 AMing to them now? The ending part to pink maggit is on there.
What are you referring to?
[/quote]

On passenger, at 5:18 at the end, Instead of it being instrumental like the normal version, this version has Chino singing, is it there?

ANattyRat

So far all the differences/additions have been towards the end of songs, so I guess listen to the last minute or so and see if there's more? But then again, could be anywhere, haha.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:35 AM
So far all the differences/additions have been towards the end of songs, so I guess listen to the last minute or so and see if there's more? But then again, could be anywhere, haha.
Well during songs i hear a whole lot of frank now, stuff that was kinda there but more audible now

Val

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:35 AM

On passenger, at 5:18 at the end, Instead of it being instrumental like the normal version, this version has Chino singing, is it there?
Its there. Just checked. Thought you were talking about the piano.

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 08:36 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:35 AM

Its there. Just checked. Thought you were talking about the piano.
Im buying this ASAP. Or are you able to probably be nice and upload these somewhere? You dont have to if you dont want to, it would be greatly appreciated though. 😊

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:36 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:35 AM
Well during songs i hear a whole lot of frank now, stuff that was kinda there but more audible now

True, but the differences are all towards the end.

Oh, found one! Tiny one though. The ending of Lhabia (look, another ending!) fades out and doesn't have those noises that start at about 4:00 on the Around the Fur version. The Collection version just...fades.