Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones The Studio Collection

Started by gwenudo, Apr 08, 2016, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 08, 2016, 06:28 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 06:24 PM
Have an android!? CONGRATULATIONS! completely forgot apple music is also on android lol

...oh
Does this change everything!?
Was it like it seemed?...

SMLiberator

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 06:28 PM
Have an android!? CONGRATULATIONS! completely forgot apple music is also on android lol

...oh

maybe.  ::)

edit: nope, my phone is too old to run it. not compatible :'(
i'm confused??

Knucklestones

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 08, 2016, 06:32 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 06:28 PM

...oh

maybe.  ::)

edit: nope, my phone is too old to run it. not compatible :'(
I'm using android.

SMLiberator

Quote from: Knucklestones on Apr 08, 2016, 06:37 PM
I'm using android.

but I've been using the same phone for like 6 years, so there's that... ::)
i'm confused??

thetimeisdead

I said it before, but I cannot resist it....the addition at the end of passenger is fabulous. So powerful (L)

gwenudo

Quote from: thetimeisdead on Apr 08, 2016, 07:12 PM
I said it before, but I cannot resist it....the addition at the end of passenger is fabulous. So powerful (L)
Im literally listening to it right now, so simple and small yet powerful

beansandcornbread

I've only listened to the clip of HITE on itunes and Frank's effect at 2:33 is different, and the last "I hate all my friends, I'm out isn't there, or cut down or something.

Knucklestones

I'm listening to the whole thing and I'm currently on S/T. No noticeable difference on Hexagram.

gwenudo

Quote from: Knucklestones on Apr 08, 2016, 07:38 PM
I'm listening to the whole thing and I'm currently on S/T. No noticeable difference on Hexagram.
They really dropped the ball on Hexagram and WGTB

jciraheta

i think the main diference you hear frank more 

Vesanic

Fuck I just realized the download link to my edited version of Hexagram is dead. Someone's got it? Not sure I have it backed up

gwenudo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 08, 2016, 09:21 PM
Fuck I just realized the download link to my edited version of Hexagram is dead. Someone's got it? Not sure I have it backed up
I only have the one with no chorus

Reichward

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 08, 2016, 09:21 PM
https://youtu.be/Nhq2VYYWFBU you mean this? I can access it just fine.

Vesanic

That's it but I meant the download link I had put in the description.

ANattyRat

Anymore changes than the one we found? Pink Maggit, Passenger, Lhabia, Root?

Vesanic

I'm onto the self-titled, Minerva right now. Apart from a gain in Frank's effects, cleaner vocals and crunchier guitars, just overall a different mix, well nothing so far. Haven't heard ATF after BQAD yet. Mascara has Stef's guitar squeaking out at the very end. The back vocals on the bridge of Around the Fur sounded more prominent to me.

Reichward

Overall, does this new series justify buying all the albums again, or is it just a fun way to re-discover the music? I haven't listened to anything yet and I wonder if it's interesting to someone who already has the CDs.

Vesanic

Well, this is really a tough debate. I was about to say it's just a fun way to discover the music again, but I'm listening to Good Morning Beautiful right now. Bear in mind I've heard it so many times it's ridiculous. And I'm only hearing NOW Abe's weird ass fills on the second verse. They are on the original, but the rhythm is so much more audible you think you're hearing some Zach Hill shit for a second.

If you're a fan, I don't think you'd regret this. Proves that Apple are still working their evil magic like bosses but hey, sounds like quality to me.

gwenudo

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 08, 2016, 09:43 PM
Overall, does this new series justify buying all the albums again, or is it just a fun way to re-discover the music? I haven't listened to anything yet and I wonder if it's interesting to someone who already has the CDs.
In all honesty, ive never these songs like this.. Its the small things that im absolutely loving, the clarity, the Frank noises and synths, the added material and the overall better performance. If youre not a sound junkie then you should probably save your bucks, but to those who are, its almost a must IMO. And to those who arent big on sound, i promise, even you will find these better changes.. This is just my opinion.

Reichward

Is Apple the only provider for the remastered collection? Man, it sucks that they only sell compressed files.