Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones The Studio Collection

Started by gwenudo, Apr 08, 2016, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

So much more Chi in the mix on many of these songs. I love it. Everything that's been buried for years is suddenly at the forefront. I kind of prefer the old ending of Passenger though without Chino's part.

Slacker

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 08, 2016, 09:54 PM
Is Apple the only provider for the remastered collection? Man, it sucks that they only sell compressed files.
No the HDTracks 24/96 are remastered too

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Vesanic

Not really worth mentioning : Good Morning Beautiful doesn't cut short at the guitar high, it keeps recording for a second.

Vesanic

Someone back me up on this :

I shit you not, the chorus of Deathblow is absolutely insane.

gwenudo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 08, 2016, 10:00 PM
Someone back me up on this :

I shit you not, the chorus of Deathblow is absolutely insane.
Ill check this out in a minute
Was it like it seemed?...

Vesanic

I mean specifically the guitars. We can hear so much more of what they both do, I think.

gwenudo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 08, 2016, 10:03 PM
I mean specifically the guitars. We can hear so much more of what they both do, I think.
I get what you mean, i can hear chinos guitar part a bit now, i could only hear stephs part back then, i always assumed chino played what steph played on the chorus, this proves me wrong lol

Deft_ones

A little late to the party but I just started my free trial of apple music just for the ending of passenger and hoooooooly shit. Makes the song even more powerful. After skipping around a bit on a few albums the remastered sound really makes a change, I will definitely be buying this once my three month trial is up

gwenudo

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 08, 2016, 11:09 PM
A little late to the party but I just started my free trial of apple music just for the ending of passenger and hoooooooly shit. Makes the song even more powerful. After skipping around a bit on a few albums the remastered sound really makes a change, I will definitely be buying this once my three month trial is up
Welcome to the party! 😁

Deft_ones

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:16 PM
Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 08, 2016, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the party! 😁

Honestly this is good, I needed to give Gore a break for a day or so lol

AnotherVaper

I kinda want to buy these 24/96 files but at the same time I don't because I own all the studio albums on vinyl and they all sound freaking sweet. My set up isn't 50 grand expensive or anything but I do have a decent tube amp and good speakers to play it through. then again, its deftones and, oh yeah, its deftones. anyone?

ANattyRat

Buying this was completely worth it to me. I'm not an audiophile at all, I'm basically the opposite. I can't notice anything like that at all, when you guys talk about certain instruments in the mix, different productions, etc., I'm lost. But even I can hear the differences with this collection, so many cool things that were drowned out, or almost drowned out, on the albums. Or just things sounding more prominent. It's really awesome even for someone like me, so for people who are big into production and how certain things sound, it must be huge. I just don't get why the band hasn't said anything.

It's just hard listening to this while trying to obsessively listen to Gore, haha.

AnotherVaper

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:22 PM
Buying this was completely worth it to me. I'm not an audiophile at all, I'm basically the opposite. I can't notice anything like that at all, when you guys talk about certain instruments in the mix, different productions, etc., I'm lost. But even I can hear the differences with this collection, so many cool things that were drowned out, or almost drowned out, on the albums. Or just things sounding more prominent. It's really awesome even for someone like me, so for people who are big into production and how certain things sound, it must be huge. I just don't get why the band hasn't said anything.

It's just hard listening to this while trying to obsessively listen to Gore, haha.

I feel you! okay cool. maybe i'll buy my favorite album first and do a listen.

Deft_ones

Haven't even finished Hole in the earth yet and although I don't really like the vocals they took out of the song, the improvement in sound quality is going to make me enjoy this album 1000x more than I already do.

E-Money

Ok so just bought it last night but I don't understand how this works? Apple does the remastering themselves? How are we now hearing parts that we had never heard before.. I don't get it.. Shit is sick tho.

gwenudo

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 08, 2016, 11:33 PM
Ok so just bought it last night but I don't understand how this works? Apple does the remastering themselves? How are we now hearing parts that we had never heard before.. I don't get it.. Shit is sick tho.
I read up on what exactly is "Remastered for iTunes" and apparently, the producers have to come to iTunes and say hey i want to put this out there, so they send them the lossless files of what they want and add some apple magic that can make it into a 256kbps track but loose little to no quality. Idk how thats possible, but apples coding is special, therefore they say its remastered for iTunes. And it appears reprise mustve approached iTunes and said hey we want this and that. iTunes doesnt go to them, producers go to them. So if we want to thank anybody, lets thank reprise for taking them time to do this. Mustve taken a long time. Hate to see it not getting any support though

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:38 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Apr 08, 2016, 11:33 PM
I read up on what exactly is "Remastered for iTunes" and apparently, the producers have to come to iTunes and say hey i want to put this out there, so they send them the lossless files of what they want and add some apple magic that can make it into a 256kbps track but loose little to no quality. Idk how thats possible, but apples coding is special, therefore they say its remastered for iTunes. And it appears reprise mustve approached iTunes and said hey we want this and that. iTunes doesnt go to them, producers go to them. So if we want to thank anybody, lets thank reprise for taking them time to do this. Mustve taken a long time. Hate to see it not getting any support though

And yet no mention of it from anyone :\ weird. Also the additions and changes to the songs. Weird as hell.

shoop

There's no changes whatsoever to KNY right? Can others confirm? Also, no changes in sound on Covers?

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 11:40 PM
There's no changes whatsoever to KNY right? Can others confirm? Also, no changes in sound on Covers?
I listened to KNY last night and its mainly just clarity, not huge things, just clearer and better. I havnt really listened to covers but i did listen to sleepwalk and it was crispy, and in iTunes it says Mastered for iTunes as well.

gwenudo

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:41 PM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 11:40 PM
I listened to KNY last night and its mainly just clarity, not huge things, just clearer and better. I havnt really listened to covers but i did listen to sleepwalk and it was crispy, and in iTunes it says Mastered for iTunes as well.
Just listened to Please Please Pleass Let Me Get What I Want, i could tell some difference, alot more Chino vocals and abe. Id have to compare it to the original to confirm though. But it did sound clearer.