Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones The Studio Collection

Started by gwenudo, Apr 08, 2016, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:45 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:41 PM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 11:40 PM
There's no changes whatsoever to KNY right? Can others confirm? Also, no changes in sound on Covers?
I listened to KNY last night and its mainly just clarity, not huge things, just clearer and better. I havnt really listened to covers but i did listen to sleepwalk and it was crispy, and in iTunes it says Mastered for iTunes as well.
Just listened to Please Please Pleass Let Me Get What I Want, i could tell some difference, alot more Chino vocals and abe. Id have to compare it to the original to confirm though. But it did sound clearer.
Ok yes on savory theres a definite difference in clarity. Fuck. Downloading this right now.
The 2nd voice makes this sound almost 3D wow.
Was it like it seemed?...

shoop

There's no changes whatsoever to KNY right? Can others confirm? Also, no changes in sound on Covers?
I listened to KNY last night and its mainly just clarity, not huge things, just clearer and better. I havnt really listened to covers but i did listen to sleepwalk and it was crispy, and in iTunes it says Mastered for iTunes as well.
I can't hear a single bit of difference on KNY yet. Every other album I can easily. You sure it's not a placebo effect on you? If anyone has Covers from iTunes and wouldn't mind sending over a song to compare with to confirm, that'd be great. This whole thing is so awesome.. Combat pops more now too. It does the guitars justice when it kicks in right after the intro. SNW is so insanely underappreciated at times.

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 11:46 PM
I can't hear a single bit of difference on KNY yet. Every other album I can easily. You sure it's not a placebo effect on you? If anyone has Covers from iTunes and wouldn't mind sending over a song to compare with to confirm, that'd be great. This whole thing is so awesome.. Combat pops more now too. It does the guitars justice when it kicks in right after the intro. SNW is so insanely underappreciated at times.
It could be placebo effect, not sure! But yes covers sounds like it is a remastered, lot more clearer IMO

shoop

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:48 PM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 11:46 PM
It could be placebo effect, not sure! But yes covers sounds like it is a remastered, lot more clearer IMO
Awesome! Pretty sure there's no difference on KNY at all, but if anyone notices otherwise eventually, please speak up.

E-Money

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:38 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Apr 08, 2016, 11:33 PM
Ok so just bought it last night but I don't understand how this works? Apple does the remastering themselves? How are we now hearing parts that we had never heard before.. I don't get it.. Shit is sick tho.
I read up on what exactly is "Remastered for iTunes" and apparently, the producers have to come to iTunes and say hey i want to put this out there, so they send them the lossless files of what they want and add some apple magic that can make it into a 256kbps track but loose little to no quality. Idk how thats possible, but apples coding is special, therefore they say its remastered for iTunes. And it appears reprise mustve approached iTunes and said hey we want this and that. iTunes doesnt go to them, producers go to them. So if we want to thank anybody, lets thank reprise for taking them time to do this. Mustve taken a long time. Hate to see it not getting any support though

Ok great thx for explaining that! Very cool. Can't wait to really dive into this.

gwenudo

If only tonight sounds relatively the same, not much there so far, maybe a little more steph? But not really, it could be cause its a live track, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwenudo

You can hear the bass a bit more at the end of royal when things get heavy, it sounds heavier now, thicker to be precise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEITICEIRA

Self titled seems to have a little bit more hiss left in the mix in general (for example beginning of Battle-Axe). The volume difference between Minerva and Good Morning Beautiful is annoying me a little, sounds like they tried to push the guitars on Minerva a little more or something. Can't hear this volume difference on the original CD but most won't care or notice. Heard a little studio sound in the beginning of "Fist" I never noticed before. About the Around the Fur changes, someone was selling a cassette tape of the unmixed Around the Fur years ago but the price was way too high, it's possibly circulating out there offline so some of these changes may not be new to anyone that has a copy of it. 
get bored.

thetimeisdead

"New" Passenger >>>> "Old" Passenger. I can't stop listening to it

Vesanic

SOMETHING'S
WRONG WITH
YUUUAAAHHHHHRR

thetimeisdead

When Girls Telephone Boys is King

Vesanic

When Girls Telephone Boys is tiny wee bit longer. You can hear extra screams and another weird drum fill at the very, very end.

thetimeisdead

Is it me or the vocals of "Bloody Cape" sound different?

thetimeisdead

I'm listening to "No Ordinary Love" from Covers (iTunes) and it does sound different from the one in B-Sides and Rarities-

Vesanic

Lucky You is a whole other trip... Fuck man

Vesanic

Tape keeps rolling at the end of Bloody Cape, no noises though.

NYRexall

I think we can all agree that with the new album and the remastered complete discography, Apr. 8 was one of the greatest days in Deftones history. If not THE greatest single day in history.

Vesanic

Not much difference on the rest of the S/T I think.

Onto SNW. Hole in the Earth has this edit, the "I hate all my friends" part comes after two extra "There's a hole in the earth", to make it sound less immediate. And the second "I hate all my friends" is scrapped out.

Frank's definitely more crisp on Rapture. His final note is metal stick in the eardrum.

The guitars in the ending of Beware sound different, Chino's much more audible. I'm not too fan of this specific edit to be honest, the fact Chino is more in the background on the original gives you this curious feeling of wondering what the fuck is actually happening, working that contrast with the dreary rhythm of that heavy section, I think it works better, I don't feel that chaotic vibe so much on this edit.

Mein still sucks.

Diplo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 09, 2016, 05:43 AM
When Girls Telephone Boys is tiny wee bit longer. You can hear extra screams and another weird drum fill at the very, very end.

Ok I'm buying it.

Diplo

Anyone know if the Play Store version have the changes ?