Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones The Studio Collection

Started by gwenudo, Apr 08, 2016, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:33 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:29 AM
Does it also have the part on 5:18 for passenger?
What are you referring to?

Edit: I see the extended vocals. Yep its there.
This is what you got, right? http://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/293870/s/white-pony/

Those samples are remastered?

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:39 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:36 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:35 AM
So far all the differences/additions have been towards the end of songs, so I guess listen to the last minute or so and see if there's more? But then again, could be anywhere, haha.
Well during songs i hear a whole lot of frank now, stuff that was kinda there but more audible now

True, but the differences are all towards the end.

Oh, found one! Tiny one though. The ending of Lhabia (look, another ending!) fades out and doesn't have those noises that start at about 4:00 on the Around the Fur version. The Collection version just...fades.
Ahhh i see what you mean. The weird thing is, theyre both 4:11.. But yet the song on the normal one ends at like 3:40 but the newer one ends at 4... Wtf.. I dont get it. We need to put these tracks side by side and see why
Was it like it seemed?...

Val

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:37 AM
Im buying this ASAP. Or are you able to probably be nice and upload these somewhere? You dont have to if you dont want to, it would be greatly appreciated though. 😊
Sorry. Rather not for "reasons".  8)

I assure you its worth the money. And the files are big just a heads up. WP alone is 1.26gb

Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 11:45 AM
This is what you got, right? http://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/293870/s/white-pony/

Those samples are remastered?
Yep. They are. Just make sure to select FLAC before you add to cart.

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:48 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:37 AM
Im buying this ASAP. Or are you able to probably be nice and upload these somewhere? You dont have to if you dont want to, it would be greatly appreciated though. 😊
Sorry. Rather not for "reasons".  8)

I assure you its worth the money. And the files are big just a heads up. WP alone is 1.26gb

No worries!! Please enjoy, i will buy this, i know itll be worth it!

gwenudo

Alrhough im not a fan of back to school, Chi on back to school is fucking HUGE. I can hear him even through my speakers.
I hear Chi more than i hear Steph lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANattyRat

Yo, listen to Root at 3:10! On Adrenaline, that's when he does the "Yeah!" part, but on the Collection version it's just instrumental, the "Yeah!" comes in at 3:19. Sounds awesome.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:57 AM
Yo, listen to Root at 3:10! On Adrenaline, that's when he does the "Yeah!" part, but on the Collection version it's just instrumental, the "Yeah!" comes in at 3:19. Sounds awesome.
Wonder why they decided to take that part off? Either way i love hearing steph shred the shit out of that guitar on that part lol

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 12:00 PM
Wonder why they decided to take that part off? Either way i love hearing steph shred the shit out of that guitar on that part lol

Me too. Man, all these changes so far have been awesome, I don't understand why we're getting them and why the band hasn't acknowledge it, but I'm enjoying. They are all towards the end of the songs so far though.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 12:03 PM

Me too. Man, all these changes so far have been awesome, I don't understand why we're getting them and why the band hasn't acknowledge it, but I'm enjoying. They are all towards the end of the songs so far though.
I keep wondering if Koi may have something different as well >.<

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 12:11 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 12:03 PM

I keep wondering if Koi may have something different as well >.<

I doubt it, I get the feeling all this cool stuff was for the first few albums. Like how they used to perform demo songs live, they don't do that anymore, haha.

shoop

I almost wonder if this was supposed to be their "big announcement" on the radio the other day? They got high and forgot to promote it. No but really, seems like something they'd announce on that show instead of the few new song premiere thing.

ANattyRat

Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 12:19 PM
I almost wonder if this was supposed to be their "big announcement" on the radio the other day? They got high and forgot to promote it. No but really, seems like something they'd announce on that show instead of the few new song premiere thing.

Man, someone needs to bring this up if they meet them at their next show, because this is weirdly unpromoted.

mono

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:33 AM
Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:31 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:25 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:24 AM
Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:23 AM
Just an FYI for everyone:
Its is mastered for itunes and thus not the highest possible quality. Goes for individual and the collection.

http://www.hdtracks.com/ has the highest quality FLAC 24bit/96khz and youll end up hearing even more things and sounds way better. It's more expensive and takes up more space but its worth it.

FLAC can be played on an iphone too with an app like VLC player.
Although that may be true, the hidden stuff wont be on those tracks, only iTunes has them.

They are. Im listening to them now? The ending part to pink maggit is on there.
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE
It is I swear. Just note that I bought the remastered albums individual. Sounds seriously incredible.
Wonder if theres a difference between the whole collection and individually

Both 24 bits (remastered, not real). Individually are 96 khz, the collection is 44khz

phil for real

Holy shit the song Diamond Eyes.  Check those verses.  How much clearer.

gwenudo

Quote from: mono on Apr 08, 2016, 01:43 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:33 AM
Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:31 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:25 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 11:24 AM
Quote from: Val on Apr 08, 2016, 11:23 AM
Just an FYI for everyone:
Its is mastered for itunes and thus not the highest possible quality. Goes for individual and the collection.

http://www.hdtracks.com/ has the highest quality FLAC 24bit/96khz and youll end up hearing even more things and sounds way better. It's more expensive and takes up more space but its worth it.

FLAC can be played on an iphone too with an app like VLC player.
Although that may be true, the hidden stuff wont be on those tracks, only iTunes has them.

They are. Im listening to them now? The ending part to pink maggit is on there.
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE
It is I swear. Just note that I bought the remastered albums individual. Sounds seriously incredible.
Wonder if theres a difference between the whole collection and individually

Both 24 bits (remastered, not real). Individually are 96 khz, the collection is 44khz
What do you mean by "remastered, not real"?

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 08, 2016, 02:22 PM
I could finally hear Franks synths!

77years

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 03:03 PM

So the albums are remixed completely?

gwenudo

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 03:04 PM

I wouldnt say remixed completely, some songs are remixed but all songs are remastered, the clarity is real. You can hear the differences even through a speaker phone. I wouldnt know how to explain it. But yes its pretty much all tracks, even koi

77years

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 03:07 PM

I wouldnt say remixed completely, some songs are remixed but all songs are remastered, the clarity is real. You can hear the differences even through a speaker phone. I wouldnt know how to explain it. But yes its pretty much all tracks, even koi

Is this the same quality for the collection that's now appearing on Spotify?

gwenudo

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 03:10 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 03:07 PM

Is this the same quality for the collection that's now appearing on Spotify?
No its not. We had users say its different. iTunes version is clearer and has hidden features.