Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino's favourite words

Started by sooniletugo, Apr 08, 2016, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

It was taking over the Gore thread, someone had to make it!

ANattyRat

Waves is probably the main one I can think of, wouldn't be surprised if he's used that the most.

sooniletugo

I think it's just beaten out by 'heart' haha. 'Dream' is almost up there too now. Correct me if I'm wrong or missing any here. feel free to add more words.  :P

Waves Bloody Cape, Anniversary, Cherry Waves, Sextape, This Place Is Death, Goon Squad, Xenon, LMIRL, Ataraxia, Option, Thholyghst, 1987, Patagonia, Tropics

Shapes Leathers, Entombed, Acid Hologram, Bitches Brew

Heart Lotion, Dai The Flu, Teenager, Minerva, Lucky You, Bloody Cape, Moana, Riviere, Risk, Leathers, Goon Squad, Prayers/Triangles, Acid Hologram, Doomed User, Geometric Headdress, Hearts/Wires, Our Ride To The Rectory, Option, Trophy, Bitches Brew

Dream Rats, Sextape, This Place Is Death, Romantic Dreams, Rosemary, Prayers/Triangles, Hearts/Wires, LMIRL, Gore, Bermuda Locket, Thholyghst

Sky My Own Summer, Diamond Eyes, Tempest, What Happened To You, Hearts/Wires, Pittura Infamante, Bitches Brew, Tropics

Earth Minerva, Good Morning Beautiful, Bloody Cape, Anniversary, Hole in the Earth, Xerces, Kimdracula, Blvd Nights, Our Ride To The Rectory

77years

You

And on Gore, I wanna know who it is

Cullision

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Shadow46/2

SMLiberator

What about "time"? I don't know if that counts because it's such a generic word... But it usually comes accompanied by "in sync" or something similar.

He says a lot of "phases" through Diamond Eyes too.
i'm confused??

LG95

Quote from: 77years on Apr 09, 2016, 12:35 AM
You

And on Gore, I wanna know who it is
I'm not sure I'd count that - every vocalist uses 'you' constantly. It's hardly a Chino thing.
I could float here forever

Hinojos

He doesn't say it a large amount like the other words, but I guess it's enough given what it is lol:

"Like a whale's moan" - Needles and Pins
"From the inside of the whale" - Nineteen Ninety Four
"Inside of the whale I come to you" - Antartic Handshake

sooniletugo

That's a good one. Interesting that he used 'inside of the whale' twice around the same time.

Crowd My Own Summer, Hexagram, Needles And Pins, Rubicon

Stage Moana, Ever (Foreign Flag), Live From The Stage, Prince, Romantic Dreams, Frontiers

Haze 976-EVIL, Frontiers, Acid Hologram

Taste Digital Bath, Elite, Korea, Knife Prty, When Girls Telephone Boys, Moana, Hole in the Earth, Beware, Beauty School, Prurient, Tempest, Pittura Infamante, LMIRL, Gore, ...

ANattyRat

I read in an interview not long ago that he kind of has a phrasebook or a few words or sayings he's written down and he sometimes checks it to see if there's something there that fits, so that might be why.

SMLiberator

Quote from: Hinojos on Apr 09, 2016, 01:30 AM
"From the inside of the whale" - Nineteen Ninety Four
"Inside of the whale I come to you" - Antartic Handshake

from Wikipedia:
QuoteThe biblical story of Jonah and the whale is used as a metaphor for accepting experience without seeking to change it, Jonah inside the whale being comfortably protected from the problems of the outside world.
i'm confused??

sooniletugo

Yeah I just read that after posting there. The phrase just made me think of Pinocchio before lol. Cool metaphor though.

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 09, 2016, 02:15 AM
I read in an interview not long ago that he kind of has a phrasebook or a few words or sayings he's written down and he sometimes checks it to see if there's something there that fits, so that might be why.

With all these words we can make our own Chino phrasebook and write our own Chino songs!

only pieces remain

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 09, 2016, 02:15 AM

he needs to take that book and burn it. overuse of these words is an understatement. though id say gore is his best lyrically since snw for sure

SMLiberator

Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 09, 2016, 03:30 AM
he needs to take that book and burn it.

i don't know why but this made me laugh far more than it should
i'm confused??

only pieces remain

he needs to stop "WOOOOO"ing all over the place too. really takes me out of the songs

only pieces remain

geo's lyrics are the fucking shit

Shadow46/2

ANattyRat

Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 09, 2016, 04:04 AM
he needs to stop "WOOOOO"ing sll over the place too. really takes me out of the songs

I laughed when he managed to get a 'Woo!' in on Rubicon. Last song on the album, near-ish to the end, still managed to fit in a woo, haha. That's dedication, right there.