Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

About the scrapped Euro tour

Started by Vesanic, Apr 09, 2016, 06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I don't feel like keeping this information to myself, I was told by a connection that Deftones had put up very special sets for the European tour. I can't recall everything but rarities such as Damone, The Chauffeur and Can't Even Breathe were supposed to be played, Paris was gonna be treated big fucking time. Prayers/Triangles was supposed to be premiered in Wembley.

It's not a 100% verified information, sorry for being vague, but yeah.

Also, I don't know if anyone had mentioned this but their German shows were gonna take place exactly 7 years after Chi's accident. Probably a coincidence, but you know...

ANattyRat

I don't believe that. Firstly, because why would they? They've played shows since, and nothing except Rickets and the two new songs they played. I do know that Abe said they wanted to switch up the setlist more once the new album had been released, so I guess we'll find out soon enough, but they've not given us much indication at all that they're willing to switch things up and perform super-rare songs, let alone multiple ones. Hey, I will HAPPILY apologise if I'm wrong. I still hope that Abe's right and they do start doing that, but...*sigh*.

stu_101

Europe always gets the special treatment. I miss the days of secret shows in tiny clubs like the Scala in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz

Quote from: stu_101 on Apr 09, 2016, 08:03 AM
Europe always gets the special treatment. I miss the days of secret shows in tiny clubs like the Scala in London.

Yep, I've been to quite a few shows here in the UK that had some great setlists

Glasgow Academy 2006
London Electric Ballroom  2007 (I think)
London Univeristy Euston (MTV recording)

ANattyRat

Quote from: Gaz on Apr 09, 2016, 08:51 AM
Quote from: stu_101 on Apr 09, 2016, 08:03 AM

Yep, I've been to quite a few shows here in the UK that had some great setlists

Glasgow Academy 2006
London Electric Ballroom  2007 (I think)
London Univeristy Euston (MTV recording)

That's a long time ago though, they've played rare/uncommon songs a lot less since then, sadly.