Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore Elimination (round 1)

Started by Antonch, Apr 10, 2016, 03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleptoned

Cant seem to enjoy xenon. Dont hate it just doesnt flow like the rest to me...

laurapalmer

Yeah voting Gore, doesn't do anything for me

snw9

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 03:55 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 10, 2016, 03:46 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 03:45 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 10, 2016, 04:49 AM
Xenon, I just can't get into it.

Why was Gore voted??? :o

I agree with Chino.  I think it's probably the weakest track on there :(

Gore or Xenon?

Gore.

I don't consider Gore weak, it may not sound as pieced together as Xenon but at least it has a flow and great lyrics
Code: [Select]

Cullision

Pittura and xenon are the worst 7 minutes of this album, but if I had to choose I'd say xenon is worse. I can't find anything redeeming in it at the moment. Pittura at least has a couple parts where it isn't atrocious.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 10, 2016, 05:45 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 03:55 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 10, 2016, 03:46 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 03:45 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 10, 2016, 04:49 AM
Xenon, I just can't get into it.

Why was Gore voted??? :o

I agree with Chino.  I think it's probably the weakest track on there :(

Gore or Xenon?

Gore.

I don't consider Gore weak, it may not sound as pieced together as Xenon but at least it has a flow and great lyrics

I do love the lyrics!  Even if the songs on Gore aren't exactly the best Deftones have to offer, I feel like I can safely say that Chino has never been more poetic in his lyrical content than he is on this album.  I'm not saying his vocal melodies are the best either, I think he's done much better in the past.  But s far as the lyrics themselves, top notch all the way through.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

shoop

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 10, 2016, 10:17 AM
I love Pittura too. Shame it's so exiled here lol. I voted Doomed User.
See and I really like Doomed. I feel like if it was left off and people heard it later on, they'd say this is hard! Should've been on the album!

chuckles

Quote from: shoop on Apr 10, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 10, 2016, 10:17 AM
I love Pittura too. Shame it's so exiled here lol. I voted Doomed User.
See and I really like Doomed. I feel like if it was left off and people heard it later on, they'd say this is hard! Should've been on the album!

Agree...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

HooiserBowhunter

Might as well close this one down the people have spoken haha. Looks like Hearts/Wires will take it all.

SomeOf

lungdamage

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 03:37 PM
I don't get it!  Pittura is like the second or third best song on the album, guys!  Why hast thou forsaken me?!

haha yeh, what's next Acid Hologram, you savages! ;)

dopeybanana

I'm taking all the hate for Pittura very personally :p. Seriously, the song structure is very different for Deftones and that transition towards the end (around 2 :15 ish) with Stef's technical riff is just glorious. If anything, Geometric Headdress should be getting the axe for how repetitive it is.
How neat, I'm impressed.
How did you come to be...so blessed?

LG95

I'd understand it if this was done on everyone's first listen but at this point there's no excuse for saying Pittura Infamante is the worst song on the album.
I could float here forever

Penicks

definitely geometric headdress, there's nothing to the song and the chorus reminds me of something on diamond eyes

TheyCallMeP

After a few listens, Xenon is no longer my least favorite (2nd least). Sadly PI is. It's not bad, it's just too cheerful for my taste. Chino is happy, the instruments don't have a dreary sense or dissonance to them. I like the contrast. Not for me.

That being said, it is cool to hear Steph's guitar work on this. Very Smashing Pumpkins like to me during the section with the hammer-ons.

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: laurapalmer on Apr 10, 2016, 05:29 PM
Yeah voting Gore, doesn't do anything for me

That's what I get for talking on PI and Xenon haha. Gore is a Top 4 track for me. Very curious to see what #1 will end up being.

lungdamage

rubicon or hearts, will prob win it seems.. I really like acid hologram

sooniletugo

Pittura Infamante may be first out of the game, but it's nice to know that others appreciate its greatness.

deftones47

Just voted for Prayers/Triangles. I'll probably have to give the album more listens before I vote in any further rounds.

Hidalgo

Quote from: dopeybanana on Apr 11, 2016, 10:51 AM
I'm taking all the hate for Pittura very personally :p. Seriously, the song structure is very different for Deftones and that transition towards the end (around 2 :15 ish) with Stef's technical riff is just glorious. If anything, Geometric Headdress should be getting the axe for how repetitive it is.
that riff is fairly technical. makes me thatmuch more irritated that he'll never play the PB solo. he did one on butching the beatles CD(i feel fine), sol invicto -unidose, deftones "answers", goon squad (sorta, i dunno if it's Stef or Chino), dallas (eros song), & various youtube tinkering around solos. so he can, he just won't & it's frustrating

WPHexa82

Pittura, Acid and Geometric seem the weakest tracks to me