P/T Video 4/12/16

Started by sharinglungs, Apr 10, 2016, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

float here 4ever

Beauty School is great

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: bangbang240 on Apr 12, 2016, 07:02 AM
When I was a kid I watched their videos constantly. My deftones highlight was being in the hexagram video even if it was just for a split second.

that's pretty cool. what timeframe were you in/where were you

LG95

Haha, it wasn't just a straightforward performance video after all!
I could float here forever

kleptoned

77years

That video should come with 25g of mescaline

77years

Okay I watched it a bunch and I cannot be the only person who sees/feels MBV everywhere in that video... Sergio's Fender bass splashed with bright pink colors... performance video with odd psychedelic color effects (Only Shallow video), just deep!

kly617

Quote from: 77years on Apr 12, 2016, 02:35 PM
Okay I watched it a bunch and I cannot be the only person who sees/feels MBV everywhere in that video... Sergio's Fender bass splashed with bright pink colors... performance video with odd psychedelic color effects (Only Shallow video), just deep!

You're not alone. Anytime the video and particularly when the video was focused on Sergio and his Fender Bass 6, all that came to my head was MBV.

The P/T music is probably my favorite video they've done to date

hi man

Hexagram video still my favorite

77years

Yeah I love this video, it goes great with the new sounds

TRIPPY

jlaggot

I absolutely hate music videos but i thought this one was really cool. Also got to see Chino hauling ass lol.

rainnyx4

Better than most of their videos. They made the wise choice of mostly obscuring their fat and aging faces.

77years

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2016, 03:00 PM
Better than most of their videos. They made the wise choice of mostly obscuring their fat and aging faces.

I know right! People in their 40's suck, they're always fat and old. We don't need to look at them, and they have nothing to contribute musically. Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, fuck those guys! I can't wait until Tom Waits dies because I hate looking at his fat, aging face. Hide him from the public with some wavy psychedelic visual effects so we don't need to look at his fucking ass!

rainnyx4

E-Money

Quote from: 77years on Apr 12, 2016, 02:35 PM

Dude that's literally the first thing I thought of.. Was that fender man.. That screams MBV all day !!

jciraheta

jesus worst that i thing i stick with the flamingos ....

shine down unshy

Cool music video. Who else heard the dialed down guitars?  The song sounds like it was mixed differently, it had more punch and didn't sound as harsh as the actual song on the album.

sooniletugo

I prefer the simplicity and hypnotic effect of the flamingos too haha.

nicklav

Quote from: 77years on Apr 12, 2016, 03:11 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2016, 03:00 PM

I know right! People in their 40's suck, they're always fat and old. We don't need to look at them, and they have nothing to contribute musically. Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, fuck those guys! I can't wait until Tom Waits dies because I hate looking at his fat, aging face. Hide him from the public with some wavy psychedelic visual effects so we don't need to look at his fucking ass!

Nicely done.

rainnyx4

Never said that age detracts from any artistic or intellectual ability that a performer has.

A music video featuring the artist is primarily about the image of who is featured and is intended largely as a form of objectification; essentially using the sexuality and swagger of the characters as a means of increasing the sales of a product.

Objectively, the band has aged and failed to take care of themselves. They LOOK pretty awful and thus fail as a target for objectification. Starting from the White Pony days, there was arguably no good reason for this band to keep appearing in their videos. Even ignoring this fact, the music since then has more focus on mood than anything else, and the videos should reflect that artistically, which they almost always completely fail to do. The band has also stated fairly universally that they hate making videos.

They should just stop appearing in their videos.