Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

P/T Video 4/12/16

Started by sharinglungs, Apr 10, 2016, 11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2016, 08:02 PM

A music video featuring the artist is primarily about the image of who is featured and is intended largely as a form of objectification; essentially using the sexuality and swagger of the characters as a means of increasing the sales of a product.

Objectively, the band has aged and failed to take care of themselves. They LOOK pretty awful and thus fail as a target for objectification.

Following your theory, they should perform on stage, but either in disguise or behind a screen.

Hilarious

rainnyx4

Different kind of experience and intent but yes, the argument largely remains. These guys are in their 40's now and won't be doing much stage-diving without fears of breaking their hips. The broadening of their music tone reflects this.

They've stated that they want to make their shows more visual by incorporating screens and whatnot. Good move to take the focus off of themselves and attempt to craft a more appropriate experience. The closer they move towards a more Tool/Failure type experience the better.

Either that or they could you know, start working out and eating right or something.

sooniletugo

LG95

You are an odd individual.
I could float here forever

77years

I'm rarely at a loss for words, but I am right now

DeftonesNZ

I like the video, it's what I think a music video should be just a interesting visual companion for the song,I wouldn't of put the running scenes in though that was a bit odd.

rainnyx4

LOL, let me guess. Some of you guys were those chubby people at the show on your lunch break wearing your office dress shirts with thinning hair headbanging to Rocket Skates as Chino's pants were falling off?

daicula

It's not a terrible video. Some of the effects were really cool, but the running scences were strange to me.

77years

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2016, 09:19 PM
LOL, let me guess. Some of you guys were those chubby people at the show on your lunch break wearing your office dress shirts with thinning hair headbanging to Rocket Skates as Chino's pants were falling off?

Nope. Sure wish I had been, actually...

I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with having seeing more punk shows by the time I was 23 than you ever will in your fucking lifetime, and we're talking bands you'd suck a pile of dog balls to see. Or bands maybe you've never heard of, which is probable. But hey, you've got more hair than me, so mousse that shit!

rainnyx4

LOL, so now commentary on peoples' ridiculous images has turned into a pissing contest on what shows we've been to and the obscurity of our musical taste?

Deftones fans: dumb as shit.

77years

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2016, 09:35 PM
LOL, so now commentary on peoples' ridiculous images has turned into a pissing contest on what shows we've been to and the obscurity of our musical taste?

Deftones fans: dumb as shit.

LOL, commentary on peoples' images was about as "dumb as shit" as it can get, but it's reeeally bugging you for some reason, so it's cool you found this forum so you can vent and therefore not kick someone.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

It reminds of The Rolling Stones video Emotional Rescue which is one of my favorites :)

77years

This thread has gone on long enough without pictures of rainny's long, flowing mane

rainnyx4

Everything is open to criticism, the only thing that can be dumb about criticizing something is the argument and language used.

Trying to sound cool by talking about how many shows of obscure artists you've seen is well, dumb.

77years

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2016, 09:48 PM
Everything is open to criticism, the only thing that can be dumb about criticizing something is the argument and language used.

Trying to sound cool by talking about how many shows of obscure artists you've seen is well, dumb.

You're deflecting. Show us your beautiful hair!

rainnyx4

I can fairly objectively state that yes, my hair pretty much rules. Though it hasn't been long for about 10 years.

Don't worry, if it ever starts receding or thinning I'll just shave it off so as to not look ridiculous.

Bergerac

mrpelon94

i dig it kinda like HITE but better

ANattyRat

You know, I think it's an awesome video. I like the simple videos where they're performing the song, so it was like that but with a psychedelic twist to it, which works well with the song, for sure.

snw9

Did anyone notice the crow in the video?

2:54
Code: [Select]