Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Jimmy Kimmel

Started by sooniletugo, Apr 13, 2016, 12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

thanks for the links, guys.
p/t was intense indeed, but, its just me or the chorus seemed a little different? (guitar wise)

whitefur

PT sounded absolutely awesome!! Chino's voice was on point. Hearing Stef last night pisses me off even more about the mix/tone on the album. How in the fuck can the live Jimmy Kimmel show sound so much better than the album?!?

whitefur

Quote from: Far away on Apr 13, 2016, 01:16 PM
p/t was intense indeed, but, its just me or the chorus seemed a little different? (guitar wise)

Yes, the chorus sounded amazing last night because the tone on the album is horrid.

pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Far away

Quote from: pinkmaggit69 on Apr 13, 2016, 01:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yohS_XfRU74&index=2&list=PLd8gRFEamc_rZDqlk0BH_WT0Q5Deu4CN6

Man, Steph's guitar sounds really good especially starting at 1:30

Chino was on fucking point... this is by far their best song to play live... at least for me.

stu_101

I'm sure this has been covered, but what the actual fuck is going on with Sergio's hair? I mean, Chino's '90s blonde is bad enough - but bright pink?!? Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANattyRat

Quote from: stu_101 on Apr 13, 2016, 04:46 PM
I'm sure this has been covered, but what the actual fuck is going on with Sergio's hair? I mean, Chino's '90s blonde is bad enough - but bright pink?!? Wow!

You must be the only person who's even remotely surprised that Sergio has dyed his hair a bright colour. Dude's just like that.

stu_101

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 05:22 PM

You must be the only person who's even remotely surprised that Sergio has dyed his hair a bright colour. Dude's just like that.
Haha / very true! Killer performance anyhow.

77years

Rubicon is already a Deftones classic

This performance is so awesome

Sleeping_Giant

Wow, I didn't notice Frank's effects in P/T chorus. I watched Kimmel show and wow...it's there...but I can't hear in studio version

Jerry_Curls

Tongue in cheek reference  to Flamingos ;)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Braincleaner

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 13, 2016, 07:21 PM
Wow, I didn't notice Frank's effects in P/T chorus. I watched Kimmel show and wow...it's there...but I can't hear in studio version

Frank has a sad tendency to be downplayed in some of their studio recordings. Just listen to the differences on the studio and the live versions of WGTB.

bcoberly

This was the best TV appearance I've seen from Deftones period. Only downside is Frank couldn't be heard.

SomeOf

Enjoy (I'm not the owner)

Vesanic

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd8gRFEamc_rZDqlk0BH_WT0Q5Deu4CN6

There's like 5 sources of Rubicon. If someone feels like ripping it all and cam-mixing... would be a treat.

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 13, 2016, 11:07 AM
Wouldve loved to have seen Tempest

! No longer available

Vesanic

This Diamond Eyes ending is lovelyyyy

kleptoned

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 14, 2016, 10:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd8gRFEamc_rZDqlk0BH_WT0Q5Deu4CN6

There's like 5 sources of Rubicon. If someone feels like ripping it all and cam-mixing... would be a treat.

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 13, 2016, 11:07 AM
Wouldve loved to have seen Tempest

! No longer available
Damn. Thanks Ves...

el perro

Quote from: Far away on Apr 13, 2016, 01:16 PM

Yeah I just listened and the live mix gives a totally different sound maybe because you can hear Serj's and Frank's parts more prominently.

Freedomsoldier17

Someone release a flock of flamingos into the air for their next live performance