Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

so Chino really fucking hates SNW

Started by jaypayton, Apr 13, 2016, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypayton

how many more interviews do we have to read where Chino talks about what a piece of shit SNW is.....i wonder if he realizes half the fanbase adores that record. it really makes him seem disconnected to the fanbase and clueless that he thinks this album is a piece of shit (and yet a shitbomb like Crosses is good?).....Chino get a clue bro

LG95

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 13, 2016, 11:11 PM
how many more times do we have to read jaypaton whinge about Chino for no reason, boring the shit out of everyone in the process interviews do we have to read where Chino talks about what a piece of shit SNW is.....i wonder if he realizes half the fanbase adores that record. it really makes him seem disconnected to the fanbase and clueless that he thinks this album is a piece of shit (and yet a shitbomb like Crosses is good?).....Chino get a clue bro
I could float here forever

shoop

Classic jaypayton. Although it does upset me a bit since it clearly affects their setlist.. SNW is one of my favs, and I listen to it straight through every time (Pink Cellphone included). Him having a bad experience during the recording process I get, but why dog the actual music at the same time. SNW is miles ahead of DE/KNY/Gore for me personally, not to say I don't like those albums or appreciate them for what they are.

77years

Amazing record/band.  The more he/Jay bitches about it/them, the more I love it/them

chuckles

Hate it or love it... It's a part of them... And they need to play songs from this LP and Deftones as well...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

dearthx1

I don't know about anyone else, but I fucking love Crosses. Chino's best side project by far IMO.

snw9

It turned out to be a great record. Im surprised he complains about it since it involves most of his ideas!
Code: [Select]

sooniletugo

Love Crosses and SNW. I think Chino does realise the quality of some songs - they've played the likes of Cherry Waves and Beware occasionally in recent years. Debuted Combat live in 2011, Riviere in 2013. But I guess it brings back bad memories and he didn't put too much effort into the album, so he isn't as proud of it. Look at the way he talks about ATF and DE, in comparison, he loves them because they take him back to times where there was so much positivity within the band and they really put everything into those records. That's the way I see it.

Hidalgo

Chino's too far in the forest to see the trees. snw & adrenaline are both fine records. i think he likes the songs on adrenaline, but not the production(& he doesn't relate to it quite as much anymore). SNW & s/t reminds him of the dark days(but he like s/t a bit more). he should give himself a break, all their albums are good

as for crosses, i have it ranked as Chino's 3rd best album he's made. ATF, WP, crosses

sooniletugo

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 14, 2016, 01:24 AM
Chino's too far in the forest to see the trees.

perfect analogy there. Sums it up.

Inkblades

Who says he has to agree with his fans on everything, anyway?

bcoberly

SNW always sounded pieced together to me. Chino's voice sounded strained and weak in my opinion. I was also going through a hard time in my life when that album dropped. Bad feelings all over that album for me so I never really listen to it.

only pieces remain

xerces
combat
kimdracula
beware
riviere
hole in the earth
cherry waves
chorus/bridge of rats

so many great songs and classic moments. i prefer to enjoy the music on the record and not bitch because chino doesnt like one of my favorite records.

Jerry_Curls

I think he's just embarrassed by that footage from "Hole in the Earth".
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

hi man

as long as they play hexagram/needles and pins from ST

or

cherry waves/combat from snw

ill be one happy camper

Longstem

SNW lacks coherence but overall some very very strong moments.

AnotherVaper

SNW is my favorite deftones album. furthermore, SNW got great reviews when it came out so i don't see why they don't play some songs off it. i mean at least play a few songs.

Shadow46/2

That's true, it was pretty acclaimed  when it came out generally.

But oddly in retrospect columnists have written it off compared to the more recent albums. *shrug*

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 14, 2016, 01:41 AM

Or in Chino's case, something about the Ocean and waves...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

epistaxis

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 14, 2016, 05:14 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 14, 2016, 01:41 AM

Or in Chino's case, something about the Ocean and waves...

He he nice.