so Chino really fucking hates SNW

Started by jaypayton, Apr 13, 2016, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reichward

If a man writhes too long into the waves,
The waves writhe back into him.

Whoo.

Bergerac

Vindicated. I ragged on that fucking album so hard when it came out. I knew it then.

It was the absolute discarding of their problems before they were solved and the discarding of their identity right after the very album that defined it.

lxix

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 14, 2016, 12:41 AM
It turned out to be a great record. Im surprised he complains about it since it involves most of his ideas!

Well, apart from the ideas that came from the song writing team the record label forced Chino to work with.

BlueBackpack

I hate SNW as well, cant believe that a band I have in my top 4 has an album where I don't like a single track

LG95

Quote from: BlueBackpack on Apr 16, 2016, 07:33 PM
I hate SNW as well, cant believe that a band I have in my top 4 has an album where I don't like a single track
How many times have you listened to SNW? I just can't fathom how a Deftones fan could not like a single song on that album.
I could float here forever

BlueBackpack

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 16, 2016, 07:34 PM
How many times have you listened to SNW? I just can't fathom how a Deftones fan could not like a single song on that album.
3 times over a period of like 4 years

LG95

Quote from: BlueBackpack on Apr 16, 2016, 07:39 PM
3 times over a period of like 4 years
You should listen to it more.
I could float here forever

illthrowROCKS@U

Yes, I have difficulty understanding it too. It's one of my favorites of theirs. Kimdracula? How can you not like that? How can you mot like Konomi code? How can you not like Riviere? It baffles me..
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

fireflyry

Quote from: shoop on Apr 13, 2016, 11:19 PM
Classic jaypayton. Although it does upset me a bit since it clearly affects their setlist.. SNW is one of my favs, and I listen to it straight through every time (Pink Cellphone included). Him having a bad experience during the recording process I get, but why dog the actual music at the same time. SNW is miles ahead of DE/KNY/Gore for me personally, not to say I don't like those albums or appreciate them for what they are.

I get the same impression that it's not the actual album as opposed to it bringing back memories of the time and place it was recorded and where Chino was mentally and personally at that time.

Bloated and rather melon collie from memory. Maybe it reminds him of past binges at Taco Bell or something?Saturday Night Taco?

In saying he rags on Adrenaline pretty hard as well, even if they still rock a song or two from it live. Probably different when your singing and hearing the same old songs day in/day out but it won't stop me shouting for "Rapture" when I next see them, it's on my bucket list to hear that crusher live.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.