Started by Antonch, Apr 15, 2016, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

float here 4ever

My God. GH is such a great song.

Reichward

Hurt people's feelings round 3

ANattyRat

Quote from: worship on Apr 15, 2016, 10:13 PM
Word. IMO Gore is the weakest of all. It may grow on me (like Limirl did few days ago), but i just don't think so. And what's up with DU, I thought that every Deftones fan love it?

I loved Doomed User when it was released, more than Prayers/Triangles, so I played it too much. Anyway, it's just not as good as the other songs.

As for Geometric Headdress, I love it, especially the lyrics, some of the best.

Vesanic

SMLiberator

Geometric Headdress is God.
i'm confused??

WPHexa82

Cant belive Gore is leading the poll  :'(

only pieces remain

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 15, 2016, 11:56 PM
Geometric Headdress is God.

its pretty great isnt it? makes me a sad panda thatll be gone soon

E-Money

I've voted for doomed every time. I will say I like the track more when listening to the record all the way through. But still my least favorite on the record. Just feels pieced together to me.. But there's really not a bad track on this thing. Happy we got a good one this time. 😎

Inkblades

And what's up with DU, I thought that every Deftones fan love it?

It has some good aspects (the riffs, the chorus), but Chino's verse vocals are a little too high pitched for me. I'm not into the "talk scream" thing he's doing. I dunno, at times he kinda sounds like a yelping dog on this one. That, and the bridge starts like it's going to be really epic, but then it just kinda fizzles out. And how the hell are they gonna title a song Doomed User yet I can't hear Frank for shit? Title alone had me thinking I'd hear some crazy Frank keys. Come on. Not a bad song, but easily the worst on the album, IMO.

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 16, 2016, 12:42 AM
And what's up with DU, I thought that every Deftones fan love it?

the bridge starts like it's going to be really epic, but then it just kinda fizzles out.

first time i heard the beginning of it, i thought oh shit this is gonna be a can't even breathe thing, a long bass groove with some cool chino shit to it. but then it wasn't. a little disappointed i must say. good song thoufh

worship

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 15, 2016, 11:22 PM
I loved Doomed User when it was released, more than Prayers/Triangles, so I played it too much. Anyway, it's just not as good as the other songs.

As for Geometric Headdress, I love it, especially the lyrics, some of the best.

That's why I didn't listen to any of the songs before the leak (except DU, once). I agree that is not as good as others, like GH per se. I live that song man.

laurapalmer

For the third time in a row, Gore

worship

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 16, 2016, 12:50 AM

first time i heard the beginning of it, i thought oh shit this is gonna be a can't even breathe thing, a long bass groove with some cool chino shit to it. but then it wasn't. a little disappointed i must say. good song thoufh

My exact thoughts, but after a few listens, I started to love it.
Right now, Diamond Eyes is my favorite record ever, WP right after that, and to be quite honest, I think that Gore might be third on the list right now. When I heard KNY snippets I thought that it will be their best record ever, but when I heard it as a whole, I was like, yeah, nice. And I am hard core Deftones fan since 1998.

Cullision

Lol why are people wasting their votes on hearts/wires?

TheyCallMeP

Phantom Bride. It comes off as cheesy to me... Sorry!!!

Penicks

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 16, 2016, 07:09 PM
Phantom Bride. It comes off as cheesy to me... Sorry!!!

agreed, voting for this after gh is gone

from_musings

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 16, 2016, 07:50 PM
after gh is gone

won't happen anytime soon i'm afraid.i've created multiple sock accounts to keep geometric headress in this mf as long as it deserves

Penicks

that would defeat the purpose of this thread