Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

why are deftones music videos so terrible?

Started by beaverwithfishyshoes, Apr 16, 2016, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Far away

Why do you even care? I mean, you have every right to enjoy music videos, but... when it comes down to them, I do not care. Theres some good ones...but... they are not known for their videos...

epistaxis

What I don't understand is why they haven't started a fan video competition?
I thought I read somewhere that the band doesn't really like to do videos anyway and it's free publicity basically.
They only downside will probably be that if you win, you have to give all the rights to the recordlabel.

I think the Hexagram video is my favorite if you follow the 'musicvideo-with-band-playing' recipe.
Don't care for P/T, a few ideas, mashed into one, and the outcome is lackluster in my opinion. If they were going for contrast, I'm not feeling it.
Or to quote my boyfriend: "they seem to be inspired by screensavers".

djzap

Chino's always been really bad at miming. It's always so obvious that he's not singing. Part of what makes a music video good, if it's a band performance style one, is making the band look like their actually performing it. Chino makes it look like the their miming to a recording.

worship

Quote from: djzap on Apr 20, 2016, 11:27 AM
Chino's always been really bad at miming. It's always so obvious that he's not singing. Part of what makes a music video good, if it's a band performance style one, is making the band look like their actually performing it. Chino makes it look like the their miming to a recording.

What about Rocket Skates? It looked genuine, I think.