Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore Elimination (round 4)

Started by Antonch, Apr 18, 2016, 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

sooniletugo

Gore is sick but I had to vote for it. To me it just shows how many good songs there are though.

jlaggot

Gore would probably be the most fun live song on the album, plus i still think the ending is bad ass. Dont get the hate for it or Doomed User.

Penicks

doomed user is my second favorite track

this forum sucks

Cullision

Woah how did this suddenly become close? Did like 8 people all vote for gh in the last few hours? Doomed user is better than gore.

cvthedrv

gore is fucking awesome, one of the reasons why i love this album.

SMLiberator

I've said this once, I'll say it again. Geometric Headdress is God.
i'm confused??

from_musings

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 20, 2016, 06:31 AM

i like heavy shit in deftones music, but stephens riff in the chorus.. i don't know..it's like two single notes just pendelng back and forth.he sounds so uninspired there, like he was tired and had a bad day and just laid down that part because he had to come up with something. and then went home. sounds like a kid trying out his eight string for the first time, stef can do much better than this

from_musings

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 19, 2016, 09:40 AM
doomed user is my second favorite track

this forum sucks

i like doomed user, the heavy metal riff always put a smile on my face. 90's or the 00's chino would have owned on this song and make it even better

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 20, 2016, 01:23 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 20, 2016, 06:31 AM

i like heavy shit in deftones music, but stephens riff in the chorus.. i don't know..it's like two single notes just pendelng back and forth.he sounds so uninspired there, like he was tired and had a bad day and just laid down that part because he had to come up with something. and then went home. sounds like a kid trying out his eight string for the first time, stef can do much better than this

And that is precisely why Gore is the weakest track on the album. I LOVE their heavier songs, WGTB is one of my favorite tracks, but the Gore riff does absolutely nothing for me.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem