Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore is horrible.

Started by The Cyndicate, Apr 18, 2016, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jciraheta

i dont know album are  you hearing  cause for me gore is fucking amazing!!!

specially now that i have it a better quality and with good headphones , amazin!!!!   sorry for my english :p

The Cyndicate

Quote from: jciraheta on Apr 21, 2016, 02:50 AM
i dont know album are  you hearing  cause for me gore is fucking amazing!!!

specially now that i have it a better quality and with good headphones , amazin!!!!   sorry for my english :p

Your English is perfectly fine.

I wish I could be where you are with it. I wish I liked it like you do. I just can't.

I'll keep trying for a while.
I shouldn't have to, but I will.

kurtone

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 21, 2016, 02:47 AM
Quote from: kurtone on Apr 21, 2016, 02:40 AM
Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 21, 2016, 02:16 AM
Quote from: kurtone on Apr 20, 2016, 04:36 PM
I'm really surprised some people on this board aren't making millions in the music industry. So many production/song writing experts here. It's crazy!

No one makes millions in the record industry.
I have been involved with bands like SLS and ten years. I have done my own stuff. I did not state these things to say I would do a perfect job, it's to give a background on why I am saying what I am saying. As matter of fact, I typed it saying that I know how hard it can be to make an album work, but you ignored that and latched on to my qualifications.

I am sorry that in this day and age of give everyone an award, that you get offended when someone states qualifications that you don't have.

I am also heavily into MMA.
I was a successful computer programmer and hardware engineer. Iade a pretty popular cheat device as well.

In MMA I have trained many people, who hold many titles.
I am also an official. I judge, ref and inspect. Both kick boxing and MMA

Does this make you mad too?

Apparently you're not qualified in picking up sarcasm. And I couldn't care less of what shitty bands you've worked with and or that you do MMA/kickboxing. But whatever makes you feel good about yourself on a forum.

Yeahhh,.. It doesn't work like that Homie.
You were using passive aggressive tactics as well as using a sarcastic remarks as a way to sling insults, without attaching the person's name you were talking about.

Typical coward internet behavior, but I'm not worried about it.
I shoved it down your throat and handled it.

Get back to me when you have any of those qualifications you talk shit about.

Will do.

Inkblades

The fact that all of their albums are so divisive amongst the fans says a lot about what a great band they are.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 21, 2016, 03:38 AM
The fact that all of their albums are so divisive amongst the fans says a lot about what a great band they are.

I haven't seen this with the core group of fans I have been around since like 95/96. We have loved everything they have put out. The albums have all been received pretty much the same.

Out of the entire group, 1 person likes Gore, but agrees production is shit and it doesn't feel right, but he does like it.

The rest of us are downright repulsed by it.

Inkblades

That's your core group of friends, though. If you look here, Deftones Facebook, Deftones reddit, comment sections, etc., almost everyone has a different opinion on what their favorite album is, what their least favorite album is, etc. Also, when WP came out, some hated it because they thought it was softer than Adrenaline and ATF. And then when S/T came out, a lot of people hated it because they thought it was a step down from WP. A lot of people can't stand SNW (Chino included - he's now on record saying he thinks it's awful. I like SNW, but if you think Gore has production problems, hoo boy - let's talk SNW!). There's a strong contingent on SL that thinks KNY is the least of their albums (I'm in that group). Besides music publications/media sites often saying WP is their best album and DE is the comeback album, there isn't much of a consensus on a lot of this stuff. And that's fine.

from_musings

yeah different people see different records as the black sheep in deftones discography.the difference here though, is that this clique of people know the actual fact.according to them - those who like the latest album live in some sort of matrix world, while this gang of friends are looking at things the way they really are. they're like the resistance movement, fighting for what is right. personal opinion: they need to fight the label and the band instead, not the fooled and deceived people around here living in cloud cuckoo land. that's a dead end

The Cyndicate

So wait, he can post that longtime fans seem to love it, but I can't post that ones I actually know to be legit, long term fans,.. Don't?

Just lol.

Inkblades

I'm not saying every longtime fan loves it. I've definitely seen fans say they don't like the album. I'm just saying Gore isn't the first time I've seen people saying they don't like a Deftones album.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 21, 2016, 08:24 AM
I'm not saying every longtime fan loves it. I've definitely seen fans say they don't like the album. I'm just saying Gore isn't the first time I've seen people saying they don't like a Deftones album.

And I'm saying that in a fairly large, well practiced group that I personally know, this is the first time.

from_musings

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 21, 2016, 09:40 AM

And I'm saying that in a fairly large, well practiced group that I personally know, this is the first time.

OMG THIS MEANS THE WORLD OF DEFTONES IS IMPLODING FROM ITS CORE

TheyCallMeP

No one cares who you know. People's opinions span far outside of your circle.

mrpelon94

I like GORE...Maybe EROS will finally be released? With push from steph ?

Far away

The 2 close friends I have who also love them, are playing Gore nonstop. They just loved it. Like I mentioned before, I liked 3 or 4 songs, a LOT. Theres really 2 songs I could not care less about it, so I think its a good record. Not TOP notch quality, like they used to make but still, a good one.

The only thing that is keeping me a little disappointed lately is Chino. He shouldnt scream anymore (and thats just me). Yeah, he doesnt scream that much in Palms and TS and w/e and in Deftones he does, but it hurts my ears listening to him trying to scream. Its just awful most of the times, since SNW. If he keeps only the soft stuff I wouldnt mind since they can fill the void with Stephen and Abe. But, I think ppl in here prolly wants him to keep screaming. The high tone screams like in the song Gore... its just... stop. Yeah, hes older, he does not have the same breath and he gets tired faster so I assume is way harder to keep screaming, but ...thats my point. He cant anymore. Might as well just stop.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 21, 2016, 10:36 AM

No one cares who you know. People's opinions span far outside of your circle.

Did I say their name? You're acting like I IDed them.

Either way, you are acting like I can't post the information I have. I'm sorry, but I can. I find my own experience more important than yours as well, but I'm not slamming you for posting it.

Kids, lol.

Bifrost

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 21, 2016, 05:57 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 21, 2016, 03:38 AM

I haven't seen this with the core group of fans I have been around since like 95/96. We have loved everything they have put out. The albums have all been received pretty much the same.

Out of the entire group, 1 person likes Gore, but agrees production is shit and it doesn't feel right, but he does like it.

The rest of us are downright repulsed by it.

I have had the same experience - maybe not to the same extent tho'

Me and another long time fan were talking about the album. We were both shaking our heads in disappointment. We wanted to like the album but it's flaws were just heard to overlook. Most of it has already be mentioned here.

I don't hate the album but it's just not good. The only song I have been returning to is Phantom Bride. The others are just meh. I would rather listen to DE or KNY.

And I agree, maybe its time for Chino to give up screaming (when writing new songs). It just sounds bad, in the least ditch that effect he uses that makes his screams sound so tinny and weak. It sounds horrible.

nicklav

I'd like more songs like Lovers. His voice is still punishing during those choruses without him having to scream his head off..

from_musings

it ain't jaypayton. op seems to be "White Pwny",already a member on this board. why she begins with the "I had to register here just to post this"
i don't know, since she's already got an account

Vesanic

Doubt it. I shared the first couple of tracks with her when they popped and she was high on this shit. I even asked her for the sake of it, it's not her.