Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore Elimination (round 6)

Started by Antonch, Apr 22, 2016, 03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

Again, the weakest track left to me is Rubicon. But apparently it's popular around here. I'll strategically vote for P/T, because a dangerous amount of people are saying Acid and Lmirl (the two best songs on the album).
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

ANattyRat

Oh my god, I can't believe Rubicon is going to win. This is easily one of the most overrated Deftones songs ever. I don't understand it at all.

Inkblades

Pleasantly surprised that Prayers/Triangles made it this far. I was sure it would be one of the first to go.

TheyCallMeP

Phantom Bride should've been gone rounds ago.

It sounds like Dad-rock. There I said it. Love the album, love the band, but that song is Dad-rock.

Penicks

^you are one hundred percent correct, the solo is so cringey and eightiesey, god damn it

Freedomsoldier17

as much as i love phantom bride i can see the grievances. it kinda reminds me of "fix you" by coldplay

Rally Sweat

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 23, 2016, 06:27 AM
Pleasantly surprised that Prayers/Triangles made it this far. I was sure it would be one of the first to go.

It's actually becoming one of my favourite songs on the album - it's got a lotta pace and a good sense of doom!

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 23, 2016, 05:42 AM
Oh my god, I can't believe Rubicon is going to win. This is easily one of the most overrated Deftones songs ever. I don't understand it at all.

Overrated? It was only played a few times and not to mention its one the least talked about songs on this board.
Code: [Select]

rainnyx4

Prayers/Triangles is one of the best tracks on the album. Don't understand why everyone was shitting on it when it was first dropped, other than to be one of those "elite and true" Deftones fans that hate their "radio friendly" songs and only like the deep cuts.

E-Money

Rubicon is the best track on the record and the best track they have made in a while... My opinion of course.. It's interesting to see how we all enjoy different tracks. To me rubicon is the perfect mix between heavy and beauty. Something only deftones can do.

rainnyx4

Rubicon is all right. Could've been better. Like many tracks on this album, somehow Stephen managed to write one of the blandest and most juvenile of riffs. That verse riff, god, really needed something else there.

The space-rocky chorus though is pretty great. Too bad they won't have that lead part live. Best aspect of the song.

LG95

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 23, 2016, 09:21 PM
Rubicon is the best track on the record and the best track they have made in a while... My opinion of course.. It's interesting to see how we all enjoy different tracks. To me rubicon is the perfect mix between heavy and beauty. Something only deftones can do.
Pretty much.
I could float here forever

pony_01

i fell in love with rubicon after they played it live. and twas amazing

ANattyRat

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 23, 2016, 09:01 PM

Overrated? It was only played a few times and not to mention its one the least talked about songs on this board.

What does being played a few times have to do with it? I'm talking about how much so many people adore this song. It seems to be one of the few Deftones songs that people overwhelmingly agree with in their opinion of the song, which is weird because I just don't get it.

Hinojos

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 25, 2016, 01:19 AM

What does being played a few times have to do with it? I'm talking about how much so many people adore this song. It seems to be one of the few Deftones songs that people overwhelmingly agree with in their opinion of the song, which is weird because I just don't get it.
Yeah it's one of those songs that you either get or don't get. I personally fell in love with it the first time I heard it in my car, and it was even the low quality rip from the leak. I don't know why but it clicked with me instantly.

illthrowROCKS@U

Uhhh... what board are you reading bro?? It's been talked about more than almost every other song!

And I agree, I don't understand the near-universal love for that song. Rubicon and Gore are my two least favorite tracks.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem