Gore Elimination (round 7)

Started by Antonch, Apr 25, 2016, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonch

P/T was eliminated in round 6.

from_musings

p/t will never walk these streets again

from_musings

i guess p/t lovers didn't pray enough for it.

voted lmirl

Penicks

phantom bride for sure, come on dudes, that's a song that could've been made by any generic rock band

lungdamage

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 25, 2016, 11:05 AM
phantom bride for sure, come on dudes, that's a song that could've been made by any generic rock band
this late in the game?

lungdamage

I get you though, I keep voting LMIRL and i know its a favourite of many. Would have been a great closer for the album IMO. I just don't get with the janes addiction vibe of it. I'm just being picky really ;)

I dig phantom bride though.

lungdamage

can acid beat it though? I love acid hologram!

Cullision

I'm hoping to at least get acid hologram to third place, probably the best we can hope for. I'm voting lmirl.

Capt Snow

I keep voting H/W but it won't go, smh...

kleptoned

Acid Hologram will notttt go away

whitefur

5. LMIRL
4. Phantom Bride
3. Hearts/Wires
2. Acid Hologram
1. Rubicon

SomeOf

(L)Mirl (L)Mirl (L)Mirl (L)Mirl (L)Mirl (L)Mirl (L)Mirl (L)Mirl

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 25, 2016, 01:16 PM
Acid Hologram will notttt go away

Of course it won't, it's the best song on the album.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

loeir

HooiserBowhunter

I like all of these songs in the running now so its a tough choice, but I went with Rubicon. I think it is the most generic sounding song out of the bunch for me. Also the lyrics on Rubicon don't really hit home for me. Although its a great song I am really not surprised with the amount of praise for the song. I guess different strokes for different folks. I couldn't believe when people told me they didn't like Entombed on Koi b/c I absolutely loved it.

TheyCallMeP

Phantom Bride is so cheesy it hurts, I'm sorry. Voting for it again. There is no room for Dad-Rock....

from_musings

the songwriting's pretty great on pb though, i think,.it all unfolds and feels so natural. great melodies by chino too, never does it go the "wrong way"for me. if people don't like the vibe and sound of it, i get that. (but i dig it.) i can understand cheesy,lame,dad rock etc though. generic rock band sounding, is rubicon for me. love the song, the only minor gripe i have with it is that it sometimes does sound like deftones and sometimes it doesn't.on the border constantly and i'm annoyd that it's so uncertain of what it really is as a song. great closer feel to it tough

The Cyndicate

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 25, 2016, 09:19 PM
Dump Acid for God's sake.

Curious if you are a self title album fan? To me they have a similar feel.

snw9

(L)MIRL, its coming down to the wire
Code: [Select]