Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore Elimination (final round)

Started by krook, May 02, 2016, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krook

Acid Hologram was eliminated in round 9.
I hate White Pony.

krook

Damn, I wanted to vote for H/W but accidentally chose Rubicon.
I hate White Pony.

ANattyRat

Quote from: krook on May 02, 2016, 11:31 AM
Damn, I wanted to vote for H/W but accidentally chose Rubicon.

Thank you <3 your sacrifice has gone to a good cause.

from_musings

LG95

I could float here forever

HooiserBowhunter

I voted Rubicon for the simple reason I like H/W's lyrics better.

krook

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on May 02, 2016, 12:36 PM
I voted Rubicon for the simple reason I like H/W's lyrics better.
But they don't even say how to face the crowd.
I hate White Pony.

underneaththecar

I don't understand how people keep complaining the album isn't heavy enough and then proceed to vote off all of the heaviest songs....I don't have this problem with the album personally, but It makes you people seem a little nutty to me.

from_musings

personally, I do prefer the heavier side of deftones if i must choose, but i fancy a good mellow song over a weak heavy song anytime of the day. for instance,hw is way better than the song gore - it's not all about heaviness vs softness. also, the album gore is pretty good regardless

SomeOf

Voted for Hearts/Wires : so so so so so overrated.

underneaththecar

Quote from: from_musings on May 02, 2016, 01:18 PM
personally, I do prefer the heavier side of deftones if i must choose, but i fancy a good mellow song over a weak heavy song anytime of the day. for instance,hw is way better than the song gore - it's not all about heaviness vs softness. also, the album gore is pretty good regardless

Personally i strongly agree and believe this is one of their stongest albums as of late.....just confused by that being the main complaint I've heard about this album and then people vote in an entirely different manner.

underneaththecar

Quote from: SomeOf on May 02, 2016, 01:34 PM
Voted for Hearts/Wires : so so so so so overrated.

I do agree with this though...besides the intro..the song itself it isn't the best on the album by a long shot. Out of the two Rubicon should be the winner.

illthrowROCKS@U

Both songs are horribly overrated.  This poll lost me when AH got knocked out.  Neither of these songs deserves anything.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

sooniletugo

I like Hearts/Wires but my 2nd favourite was eliminated in the last round. Rubicon is my favourite.

nicklav

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 02, 2016, 02:14 PM
Both songs are horribly overrated.  This poll lost me when AH got knocked out.  Neither of these songs deserves anything.

krook

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 02, 2016, 02:14 PM
Both songs are horribly overrated.

Rubicon overrated?
IMO the two overrated songs are H/W and PB, everyone's talking about them and Cantrell's solo on Bride which actually screwed the song completely.
I hate White Pony.

E-Money

Rubicon is the best song of the Sergio era. Let's be real here.. They all come together on this one. And steph hits me like he used to back in the day.

LG95

I think they really gather everything together on Rubicon. The intro that makes it sounds like it's going to be more epic sounding song, then the immediate shift in tone with the tenser sounding verse, then the way it opens up with the chorus and that lead guitar line and then it gets even bigger as it goes on. Fucking love it.
I could float here forever

chuckles

Acid is gone... Rubicon all the way...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

rainnyx4

Neither of these songs are that great.