Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore Elimination (final round)

Started by krook, May 02, 2016, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krook

Now that H/W has 17 votes and Rubicon has 18, would it be fair if I switch the options so that H/W had 18 votes and Rubicon had 17? Because I accidentally voted for Rubicon instead of H/W.
I hate White Pony.

from_musings

would it be fair if i squirted steamy hot cum down your throat?

krook

Quote from: from_musings on May 02, 2016, 09:47 PM
would it be fair if i squirted steamy hot cum down your throat?
I just asked. Don't be such an asshole.
I hate White Pony.

from_musings

Capt Snow

Quote from: E-Money on May 02, 2016, 07:34 PM
Rubicon is the best song of the Sergio era. Let's be real here.. They all come together on this one. And steph hits me like he used to back in the day.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: krook on May 02, 2016, 03:53 PM
Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on May 02, 2016, 03:36 PM
I voted Rubicon for the simple reason I like H/W's lyrics better.
But they don't even say how to face the crowd.

ha I know I know I am lame. I actually really didn't like Rubicon at first, but it kind of grew on me. It kind of reminds me of a slightly better goon squad. Anybody else feel that way?

Penicks

underneaththecar

Hearts/Wires is not the best song on this album. I know it doesnt really matter, but this poll is so wrong.

sing blue silver

Quote from: underneaththecar on May 03, 2016, 02:11 AM
Hearts/Wires is not the best song on this album. I know it doesnt really matter, but this poll is so wrong.

It's my favourite on the album. Seems a lot of people feel the same way. Rubicon is a close second for me too. With the exception of Acid Hologram sticking around so long, this poll worked out pretty closely to how I feel about the album.

Cullision

Voting for Rubicon, it grew on me a lot and I get why people like it. I just think if I had to choose one of these songs to introduce Deftones to someone I would never pick Rubicon. H/W is just more representative of what Deftones does. Both of these songs are a bit overrated though and I wish H/W had a more expanded ending.

Inkblades

Both are great songs, but I'm voting for Rubicon for two reasons:

- Hearts/Wires has the better structure. As Rubicon goes on, it feels like it keeps repeating itself.
- I identify with the lyrics of H/W more.

Cullision

The lyrics from H/W are definitely more compelling. I especially liked the line "no vision or dreams about you came true for me" because it reminds me of how DE and KNY both had these strong dream themes. "You arrive in my dreams beside me every night" etc. it feels like he's realizing that they're just dreams and some pessimism is coming out towards the whole mystique of the dream world he created.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Cullision on May 03, 2016, 02:56 AM
Voting for Rubicon, it grew on me a lot and I get why people like it. I just think if I had to choose one of these songs to introduce Deftones to someone I would never pick Rubicon. H/W is just more representative of what Deftones does. Both of these songs are a bit overrated though and I wish H/W had a more expanded ending.

This is kind of my thinking. None of my friends really listen to Deftones so if I were to play a song off the new album to them it would be H/W.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: underneaththecar on May 03, 2016, 02:11 AM

I don't think this poll really determines peoples' favorite song, so much as it determines the least disliked song.  They're not exactly the same thing. 

A true direct poll would be better for determining the average favorite song.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Penicks on May 03, 2016, 01:33 AM
no

Boy is my face red hahaha. I meant the lyrics not the actual songs sound.

illthrowROCKS@U

Can't we just skip all the rest of the albums since most have been done already and do a discography elimination?  Yeah, chances are WP will win, but I'd like to see what falls 1-7.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

only pieces remain

IN WAVES

Oh, man. I just tied everything up. 28/28.  I was hoping for Acid Hologram, but I guess Hearts/Wires is fine with me.

Vesanic

Inkblades