Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

LMIRL Appreciation Thread

Started by sooniletugo, May 07, 2016, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Let's show some much deserved love for this song. It's dark and emotional with an absolutely euphoric chorus. Just an awesome song. Hope they play it live. And great ending, shame it's over so fast.

RIGHT NOWWW
BEAR WITNEEEE
SS REBIRTH
WAAAHHHHH
RIGHT NOW

N0S3BLEED976

Best song on the album. Absolutely magnificent chorus

krook

Is this song about Chi?

"I don't miss you
I don't care where you are now
You're a ghost to me..."

The way he sings "I saaail on these waves" "Slip intooooo the calming waves" gives me goosebumps every time, my favorite part in the song.
I hate White Pony.

buddyboy101

Quote from: krook on May 07, 2016, 04:02 PM
Is this song about Chi?

"I don't miss you
You're a ghost to me..."

No.  Don't be so literal.

LG95

And even if it was literal, the idea that Chino would be saying that he doesn't miss Chi and he doesn't care where he is; well it's patently ridiculous.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

Started off as the most disappointing song for me, I was expecting something dark and all I could focus on was "I sail on these waves, hey!" and how happy it sounded. But it grew to be one of my favourite, it blows me away and there's something mesmerising about it that makes me always replay it. I'm still not a fan of that line, but the rest of it is so atmospheric and amazing. I do hear the darkness, it sounds sad at times, and sinister at others, and the lyrics are excellent. So yeah, I love the song. I hope they play it live, I know it's quite a slow song, not one for people to get hyped up with, but it'll bring a lot of mood to the setlist.

elite54

"And now a re-awakening
Another form of myself
I come right out of my skin

Slip into the calming waves"

Top 3 part in any song on Gore.

Dryalex12

This song......is so fucking depressing. I always thought of the song as someone close to you dying, or being murdered. and then that happening......you no longer fear death..........you will die.........and you will be together again........to meet again in real life

ANattyRat

I know it's probably another song about a bad relationship, but I like to see it as a sequel to Digital Bath. Dude's killed again, he's becoming a serial killer and he's started to accept it and love it. I know it's not, but...that's the vibe I get from it, and I like that vibe.

Ashtiel

I think it's one of the most unique songs on the album as it has a very progressive feel to it. Throughout the course of the song, and after the first chorus, the guitars get more and more intense until you get to the last 20 seconds or so which just go nuts as Chino lets out that final wail as a perfect transition into Gore.

sooniletugo

"
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 07, 2016, 06:43 PM
I know it's probably another song about a bad relationship, but I like to see it as a sequel to Digital Bath. Dude's killed again, he's becoming a serial killer and he's started to accept it and love it. I know it's not, but...that's the vibe I get from it, and I like that vibe.

"I sail on these waves" he's talking about being in the bath with her dead body and drowning himself after killing her 😃

Capt Snow

I was just thinking of making an appreciation thread for this track but you beat me to it.

Hinojos

To be honest I didn't fully enjoy it until I actually sat down and focused/read-along to the lyrics. The lyrics also helped Pittura Infamante and Gore grow on me too.

The intro immediately hooked me in tremendously as it's a damn good intro, but in the first few listens I wasn't sure if I was into the rest of it. It kind of threw me off.
Once I actually read the lyrics and thought of some visuals and a story/meaning to along with it, I fell in love.

The lines "I sail on these waves, slip into the calming waves" is one of my personal highlights of the entire album! It gives me the vibe that Sextape gave me when I first listened to it.

Dryalex12

Quote from: Hinojos on May 08, 2016, 12:46 AM
To be honest I didn't fully enjoy it until I actually sat down and focused/read-along to the lyrics. The lyrics also helped Pittura Infamante and Gore grow on me too.

The intro immediately hooked me in tremendously as it's a damn good intro, but in the first few listens I wasn't sure if I was into the rest of it. It kind of threw me off.
Once I actually read the lyrics and thought of some visuals and a story/meaning to along with it, I fell in love.

The lines "I sail on these waves, slip into the calming waves" is one of my personal highlights of the entire album! It gives me the vibe that Sextape gave me when I first listened to it.

thats exactly how i felt with it. I kinda dismissed it after the intro. but when i sat downt o it and looked at it more close.......i actually started crying

Vesanic

The "Taken away/When I rewake" hooks are probably one of my favorite parts of the albums. Wish the feeling could last in the song though...

Freedomsoldier17

this song makes me feel like i'm underwater, drowning in the sound of my favorite band

from_musings

when it comes to deftones songs, i directly hear if it's a song i will like or not. lmirl for me is probably the song that grew most out all of their songs I've ever heard from them. do not love it but it went from really disappointing to quite decent and now i really like it.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: krook on May 07, 2016, 04:02 PM
Is this song about Chi?

"I don't miss you
You're a ghost to me..."

The way he sings "I saaail on these waves" "Slip intooooo the calming waves" gives me goosebumps every time, my favorite part in the song.

The song is about groupies and/or his ex wife.
Maybe one in particular.

It's about being in a band and moving from place to place.
Then getting fed up with all of the demands and offing yourself.

At least that's how I take it right now.

Dryalex12

I still think its about death