Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan Elimination (Round 3)

Started by Ashtiel, May 13, 2016, 04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashtiel

Since we're doing eliminations and it seems that Koi No Yokan has been on hold due to Dryalex13 not posting the 3rd round I'll go ahead and do it for him since we're around halfway through DE and if we're gonna work backwards then we gotta get this one rolling.

What Happened To You? was eliminated in round 1.
Swerve City was eliminated in round 2.

Ah damn it looks like I forgot to set a limit, voting will close on May 12th at 6:00 PM CST then.

Dryalex12

I didnt post it becasue Krook was gonna complain about it. but since you did it i guess ill continue it after this one

only pieces remain

illthrowROCKS@U

Romantic dreams annoys me.  It was the precursor to a few songs on Gore (Geometric Headdress is the best example), but they just did it sooo much better on Gore than on this song.  Romantic Dreams just annoys the crap out of me.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Braincleaner

Romantic Dreams has quite a nice chorus, but the song as a whole feels so disjointed that it falls flat.

rainnyx4

Romantic Dreams doesn't feel disjointed and doesn't really sound anything like GH. The really nonsensical analyses and opinions on this board is what makes most of what people on this board say meaningless.

The song certainly isn't that great though. It's not bad, but it's just not that great of a musical idea to begin with. C+/B- Deftones song.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 13, 2016, 10:34 PM
Romantic Dreams doesn't feel disjointed and doesn't really sound anything like GH. The really nonsensical analyses and opinions on this board is what makes most of what people on this board say meaningless.

The song certainly isn't that great though. It's not bad, but it's just not that great of a musical idea to begin with. C+/B- Deftones song.

I wasn't suggesting they sounded alike, but the structure is nearly identical. They both have three distinct parts that shift rather abruptly between them.

How you cannot see the comparison is mindblowing.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem