Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Choose Second Single From “Gore”

Started by RavinVsFlud, May 27, 2016, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavinVsFlud

Source: ThePrp

http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/27/news/deftones-choose-second-single-gore/

Deftones have chosen the second single from their latest release, "Gore". The track "Phantom Bride", which features a cameo from Alice In Chains guitarist/vocalist Jerry Cantrell, is set to impact at rock radio on June 07th.

Who else is hoping that they release it as a digital single, include the scrapped first track from "gore", and incorporate "Phantom Bride" into the current set list (atleast for a little while, to mix things up)?

Ashtiel

As far as I know they haven't played Phantom Bride live because (Stef?) I think doesn't know how to play the solo. Something like that.

Also this article means that Phantom Bride has been chosen as the second radio single, right?

snw9

Quote from: Ashtiel on May 27, 2016, 06:11 PM
As far as I know they haven't played Phantom Bride live because (Stef?) I think doesn't know how to play the solo. Something like that.

Also this article means that Phantom Bride has been chosen as the second radio single, right?

I think he KNOWS how to play the solo, there is no way he can't its not like its complicated.
Code: [Select]

sharinglungs

lol remember the interview where stef said "Well there goes that song for being a single" when refering to phantom bride? LOL

and it's most likely because stef can't play the solo and doesn't want to play it.

he's got other parts to play during the song.

ANattyRat

They're not playing it live because they're happy playing two songs from the new album and nothing else.

Hidalgo

Stephen definitely will not play the solo, so they'll never play it live or they'll skip the solo. he made it clear he refuses to try & learn it. will not happen. 0.00000% chance

mrpelon94

dude fucking steph.man.....prob one off the reason they still play the same set....im not an artist but aren't you sup to grow and try to out do yourself....just plays what he knows and puff's away and smiles..smh...in every interview i see with him he seems completely lost and uninterested in what he plays