Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TODAY Rock am Ring Livestream

Started by dawg, Jun 04, 2016, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

That old dude talking during the H/W intro... I did find out who he was, but that was still funny.

defmarco

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jun 05, 2016, 06:19 AM
vega should shut up, he screams like an old lady.

Hahaha!! Again, he's too present with singing/screaming
2003-06-06 - Rock im Park
2003-09-29 - Columbiahalle
2006-10-16 - E-Werk
2007-03-27 - Columbiahalle
2013-02-26 - Huxley's Neue Welt
2016-06-14 - Palladium
2016-06-15 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-27 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-28 - Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt
2017-07-15 - Super Bock Super Rock

E-Money

I'm sorry but there's just no excuse for going to Rock am Ring and not playing a new song off your record.

HooiserBowhunter

Yeah hate to be negative, but yeah he is definitely not Chi in that aspect haha.

E-Money

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Jun 05, 2016, 07:33 PM

Yeah hate to be negative, but yeah he is definitely not Chi in that aspect haha.

Agreed Chino is one of the best there is no need for back up singing or screaming.

sooniletugo

I think Chino does need backup vocals considering he always backs away from the mic eg Swerve City chorus hook, My Own Summer chorus scream. Prayers/Triangles chorus and bridge. Sergio is doing the best he can. I personally like hearing him.

Chino can nail it all when he really wants to though. See Jimmy Kimmel performance of P/T and H/W. You could see Sergio expecting to have to scream "the only time I feel I'm not alone" like he does normally, but Chino went for it that time.

LG95

I don't mind Sergio doing stuff when it's genuinely required. It's more of a problem when he decides he needs to sing the chorus of Change or Knife Party with Chino. That's when it gets a bit silly.
I could float here forever

cvthedrv

i dont know but bqad felt very very awkward.

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Jun 05, 2016, 10:48 PM
I don't mind Sergio doing stuff when it's genuinely required. It's more of a problem when he decides he needs to sing the chorus of Change or Knife Party with Chino. That's when it gets a bit silly.

I don't imagine he's doing it spontaneously, they've obviously rehearsed it for him to sing during certain parts. Chino does need backing vocals, for example during the chorus of YSTB, Prayers/Triangles, etc. But they're usually small parts, not whole choruses or large sections like he's doing now. It was better when he was less present, vocally. I mean, I think he can sing well, and his voice goes well with Chino's for the backing vocals (not screaming, singing), but when he sings a lot along with Chino, or instead of Chino, it just gets too muddy.

Problem is that Chino sometimes just decides not to sing certain parts, which is why Sergio has been stepping up and doing more vocals than he used to. Though at Wembley, I was pleasantly surprised that Chino didn't really miss any of his parts, so that was good.

snw9

Code: [Select]

pelican fly

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 04, 2016, 11:22 PM

it's the first full concert i've watched in a while, i really miss the aura of mystique and shoegaze in their live performances.

yea

Chino does sound great this tour but I do cringe with the " ALRIGHT! COME ON! *insert the city they are in* GET THE FUCK UP! shit during some songs they have done over the last few years. Use to be more serious or something it seemed. They seem to be happy and having fun for the most part so good for them. I get what you mean though.

Rosemary sounds so damn good these days ...

Gore

Quote from: jaypayton on Jun 05, 2016, 12:12 AM
greatest hits...man this band is tired

They didn't play anything of Gore (thankfully) but a lot of the songs were from their two previous albums, that's hardly playing a greatest hits show.
I thought it was a really good show.
I thought the first few songs didn't sound that great but from Rosemary onwards I thought it was especially good.
Prince was epic.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Gore on Jun 06, 2016, 05:01 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Jun 05, 2016, 12:12 AM
greatest hits...man this band is tired

They didn't play anything of Gore (thankfully) but a lot of the songs were from their two previous albums, that's hardly playing a greatest hits show.
I thought it was a really good show.
I thought the first few songs didn't sound that great but from Rosemary onwards I thought it was especially good.
Prince was epic.

I wonder why they aren't playing anything from the new album?

jaypayton

my guess is either
1) they realize the new album is weak
2) they havent bothered to rehearse it
3) they realize the songs from the new album dont work in a live setting/ steph finally put his foot down

my guess is they havent bothered to rehearse the songs

mrpelon94

man some cringe moments..and you couldnt hear steph most o the time bass was too loud

cvthedrv

can't believe how epic is prince, dat fucking song.

mrpelon94

Can somebody put engine 9 on a separate Video to upload man that shit was epic..what happened with frank ?..he was yelling at somebody?

slyartwork

Quote from: jaypayton on Jun 06, 2016, 06:10 AM
my guess is either
1) they realize the new album is weak
2) they havent bothered to rehearse it
3) they realize the songs from the new album dont work in a live setting/ steph finally put his foot down

my guess is they havent bothered to rehearse the songs

JUST CHECK:
Setlist said Prayers/Triangles but Chino fucked up and thought Prince was up next. He was in the crowd instead on stage with his guitar and Stef was playing the Prayers the intro already. Thats why it was skipped.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

slyartwork

Sergio's mix was not good in this recording. That's why you hated him haha. He is hitting some notes though!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

LG95

He's not bad at hitting the notes, it's just that his tone is pretty grating. Especially in comparison to Chino, whose tone and sound is second to none.
I could float here forever