Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur Elimination - Round 3

Started by Freedomsoldier17, Jun 06, 2016, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

I like Rickets. Especially that heavy ass chorus. But it's so nu-metal sounding. And I know a lot of people love Damone, but it's never been a song that has really clicked with me. It's still ATF era though, so it's obviously worthwhile.

Freedomsoldier17

What really makes damone is the "WHAT'S UP??!!?" from chi. As well as the guitar riff and drums, that shit is raw as fuck man

Dryalex12

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 08, 2016, 09:25 PM
I like Rickets. Especially that heavy ass chorus. But it's so nu-metal sounding. And I know a lot of people love Damone, but it's never been a song that has really clicked with me. It's still ATF era though, so it's obviously worthwhile.

I don't really care if it sounds too "Nu metal". That shouldn't be a quality of how good of a song it is. its like someone saying that the song "Black Sabbath" sucks because its too slow.....well its kinda the point , or Alice in Chains sucks because they are way too depressing....its like......thats what they do best at

Dryalex12

Also "Bong Hit" is clearly the best song on ATF

Inkblades

Quote from: Dryalex12 on Jun 09, 2016, 06:27 AM

I don't really care if it sounds too "Nu metal". That shouldn't be a quality of how good of a song it is. its like someone saying that the song "Black Sabbath" sucks because its too slow.....well its kinda the point , or Alice in Chains sucks because they are way too depressing....its like......thats what they do best at

It doesn't have to be a quality of how good a song is for you, but it is for me. And I'm not saying the song sucks. I like it. I just think it's one of the lesser songs on ATF.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 09, 2016, 06:56 AM
Quote from: Dryalex12 on Jun 09, 2016, 06:27 AM

It doesn't have to be a quality of how good a song is for you, but it is for me. And I'm not saying the song sucks. I like it. I just think it's one of the lesser songs on ATF.

Well, you're definitely not alone, considering it was the first song voted out. But for me, Rickets is the best song on ATF, not the worst. It's the only ATF song in my top 10.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem