Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Songs that sound like deftones

Started by B0RNtoR0CK, Jun 15, 2016, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: stephtones on Feb 28, 2017, 05:48 AM
Quote from: BewareTheWater on Feb 27, 2017, 04:49 PM
Everyone keeps saying the new Suicide Silence " sounds like Deftones " ....

Which , I feel , is an insult to Deftones.

That new album is laughable.

I mean there are similarities to deftones but chino's voice is so unique. Personally, I think the comparison game is stupid. If it sounds good then it sounds good, if it doesn't then it doesn't. Most people I personally know actually like the new SS album. I think for the most part it's pretty good. It's very raw. TBH I was more disappointed by GORE. It's hard to listen to due to production.

buddyboy101

Just went through Marilyn Manson's catalog.  The chorus in this song is very Deftones (at 1:07): https://youtu.be/7YH0fPeYoAA?t=1m7s

http://youtu.be/7YH0fPeYoAA?t=1m7s

LG95

Quote from: O on Feb 28, 2017, 03:56 AM
Quote from: LG95 on Jun 15, 2016, 10:42 PM
Verses of Linkin Park - Forgotten are very similar to the verses of Headup.
Wtf? No!
Yes
I could float here forever

O

BewareTheWater

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Mar 04, 2017, 01:47 AM
Quote from: stephtones on Feb 28, 2017, 05:48 AM
Quote from: BewareTheWater on Feb 27, 2017, 04:49 PM
Everyone keeps saying the new Suicide Silence " sounds like Deftones " ....

Which , I feel , is an insult to Deftones.

That new album is laughable.

I mean there are similarities to deftones but chino's voice is so unique. Personally, I think the comparison game is stupid. If it sounds good then it sounds good, if it doesn't then it doesn't. Most people I personally know actually like the new SS album. I think for the most part it's pretty good. It's very raw. TBH I was more disappointed by GORE. It's hard to listen to due to production.
Gore more disappointing than SS ?

Gore is not this fucking horrible dogshit worthless album everyone ( so-called "fans " included ) makes it out to be . I do hope it gets more appreciation in later years.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 06, 2017, 06:40 PM
Gore is not this fucking horrible dogshit worthless album everyone ( so-called "fans " included ) makes it out to be . I do hope it gets more appreciation in later years.

Much like S/T, I imagine history will look kindly on Gore.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BewareTheWater

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 07, 2017, 06:32 PM

Exactly, or like SNW.

snw9

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 09, 2017, 10:37 PM

Exactly, or like SNW.

It's one of my favourite records, I will admit some songs could have turned out better however overall, every song is very unique in its own way and I feel Shaun really got the best out of Chino.
Code: [Select]

Red Pill

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 10, 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote from: BewareTheWater on Mar 09, 2017, 10:37 PM

Exactly, or like SNW.

It's one of my favourite records, I will admit some songs could have turned out better however overall, every song is very unique in its own way and I feel Shaun really got the best out of Chino.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so... I see Gore as Catshit. Having a different opinion doesn't make me less of a fan...

guarnoplo

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 10, 2017, 07:08 PM
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so... I see Gore as Catshit. Having a different opinion doesn't make me less of a fan...

Right! The "fan" argument is BS. See it everyday when people defend the new Heavy, Linkin Park's crap song.

Inkblades

LMAO, Stinkin Park. You know you're done when you've been around since the late 90's but are now resorting to ripping off Twenty One Pilots to stay relevant. 

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: guarnoplo on Mar 10, 2017, 10:04 PM
Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 10, 2017, 07:08 PM

Right! The "fan" argument is BS. See it everyday when people defend the new Heavy, Linkin Park's crap song.

Yeah, you definitely don't have to like everything a band does to be a fan. Not liking a particular album, or a particular song, doesn't make one less of a fan.

But eventually, if you are continuously trashing a band that you claim to be a "fan" of... at what point are you actually not a "fan" of the band? At what point does it become the reverse, and you're actually just a fan of a particular album, or a particular time period? Some Deftones "fans" haven't liked anything since WP. Does that truly make them a "fan" of Deftones? Or are they just a fan of those particular albums...

I don't really have the answer, I'm just pondering.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

I'm pretty sure that if Deftones had made eight Adrenaline's in a row, they would be RedPill/The Prodigy/Seven's favorite band of all time.

Red Pill

Repeating a lie does not make it true!

I love the evolution of a band!

Inkblades

Then why the hell are you a fan of Korn and Limp Bizkit? Lol...they've been making the same songs over and over for twenty years. The only time LB tried to evolve was with that Unquestionable Truth shit by biting Rage. That's until Fred realized no one wanted to hear the Nookie guy make shallow political observations, so he went right back to his usual red cap frat boy shit. And no, Korn making a dubstep album isn't them evolving. That's an example of Korn trying to cling onto popular music trends in a desperate attempt to stay popular. A Korn...dubstep album. *shudders*

Granted, Stinkin Park has evolved, but it has NOT been a good evolution...as evidenced by their new single.

Red Pill

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 11, 2017, 03:37 AM
Then why the hell are you a fan of Korn and Limp Bizkit? Lol...they've been making the same songs over and over for twenty years.

Quote from: Red Pill on Mar 11, 2017, 02:31 AM
Repeating a lie does not make it true!

I love the evolution of a band!

Inkblades

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true, eh? Then why are you quoting something you already said? Derp!

Red Pill

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 11, 2017, 10:19 PM
Repeating a lie doesn't make it true, eh? Then why are you quoting something you already said? Derp!

Because you always lying! Derp!

BewareTheWater

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 11, 2017, 03:37 AM
Then why the hell are you a fan of Korn and Limp Bizkit? Lol...they've been making the same songs over and over for twenty years. The only time LB tried to evolve was with that Unquestionable Truth shit by biting Rage. That's until Fred realized no one wanted to hear the Nookie guy make shallow political observations, so he went right back to his usual red cap frat boy shit. And no, Korn making a dubstep album isn't them evolving. That's an example of Korn trying to cling onto popular music trends in a desperate attempt to stay popular. A Korn...dubstep album. *shudders*

Granted, Stinkin Park has evolved, but it has NOT been a good evolution...as evidenced by their new single.
The dubstep album is a bad example of any " evolution " . " Issues " , " Untouchables " , " See You On The Other Side " etc. are better examples. They can be hit-or-miss, though, I'll admit . I really enjoyed their most recent album, though.

O