Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

311/DEFTONES Electric Factory 9/11/96

Started by NYHC, Jul 13, 2016, 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYHC

Anyone go to that show?

It was one of the single most brutal displays of power I've ever seen. They were opening up for 3 fucking 11. My friends liked 311 and I thought they were ok at the time plus lots of sticky-icky and brews, so I was down. Their name wasn't on the ticket so we didn't know who was opening until we were parking the car and we saw the billboard. I was with a few friends and we were pretty smoked up. We were like what the fuck is this shit? Some kind of hip hop or rap or somethin haha. None of us ever heard of the Deftones before we walked in that door and ill tell ya, we weren't ready for what we saw.

We got in a little late and we could hear they already started. There was as dude in the line in front of us that was yelling at the ticket lady to "hurry the fuck up were fucking missing it". The one girl we were with was scared of him and moved away lol. A lot of people in the line looked like they were out for blood. Didn't look like a 311 crowd. More of like a Deicide crowd lol. We could hear from the lobby that there was some seriously powerful shit going on and we tried to push our way in as quick as we could. Right when we turned the corner we were all like holy fucking fuck! The place was going nutz! Huge pit. People doing flips off the stage. Righteous chaos.

The only way I could describe them was like getting hit with a freight train straight in the face. We pushed our way to the front of the pit. It was brutal. The kind of pit that you had to keep your hands up all the time. To tell the truth I didn't even dance too much. I was so blown away at them that I couldn't stop looking at them. Chino was an animal. Chi mesmerized me. He looked like a fucking beast. We only caught about 30 mins of them and when they were done, Chino threw down the mike and they were gone. Poof! Then I remember being like phew, and taking a breath and we were looking at each other and smiling and right then I got strong-armed in the chest by some dude and looked at us and said "Fuck 311!" Other dudes were like "enjoy your fagfest" and "shows over", shit like that. And just like that, over half of the crowd left. Fuckin place emptied out! No lie. I was laughing my ass off. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say we stayed. We drove 2 /12 hours and we wanted to puff tough so fuck it, we were staying, and it was a fagfest lol.

The next morning, bright and early I was at my local record store back in Scranton PA buying Adrenaline and Ive seen them 8 other times since then. Going to Festival Pier next month actually. Not the same band anymore but fuck it, its the fuckin TONEZ right? Haha lol!

I will never forget that show for the rest of my life. Ive read a few things that talked about them touring with 311 and quickly being taken off the tour. I cold understand why. You picked the wrong opener guys, haha. The show is not on setlist and I can't find anything about it on the net. I would kill for a bootleg or something.

This show is the closest I've seen online to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz7JyTCCcJg&index=2&list=FLbm1bgo_-7M81v8stEEQahA

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLG-pQS0MHY

I've can honestly say Ive never seen anything like it ever or since...

hockball26

You mean something like this!!!

Deftones
1996-09-11
Electric Factory
Philadelphia, PA

01. Root
02. Nosebleed
03. Bored
04. 7 Words
05. Lifter
06. One Week
07. Teething
08. Somebody (Depeche Mode)
09. Minus Blindfold
10. Engine No.9

SS-DSM-6S > PA6LC3 > D8 > Analog Cassette (1) > Technics cassette deck >
RCA stand-alone CD recorder > WAV (EAC) > flac (8)

Transfered by def-head

hockball26

NYHC

OMG OMG OMG!!! WOW!!! I would LOVE to get a copy of that. Do you have it? How can i get it?

NYHC