Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best Deftones Song Of All Time (final round)

Started by krook, Jul 13, 2016, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HooiserBowhunter

I love Chevelle and Deftones so its all good. A couple of the still left standing bands from that era. As for Little Dipper, you guys turned me on to Hum and while the majority of their stuff is a miss for me Little Dipper is amazing. Also very appreciative of dudes here turning me on to Fantastic Planet.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Jul 20, 2016, 06:51 PM
On Reddit BQAD was voted Deftones best song. I think its funny because Chevelle - Send the pain below was compared to BQAD in and another thread and it seemed like many of you agreed that Send the pain below is catchier and better. That manes Chevelle - Send the pain below is better than anything ever written by Deftones  :o

I think you misunderstood completely what people were saying. This was my response in that thread:

QuoteI love Chevelle and I love that song. I think calling it a "rip off" is a bit of a stretch.

Have we all forgotten how many songs Deftones have "ripped off" of Hum, particularly on You'd Prefer an Astronaut? Hell, the White Pony album cover is even a "rip off" of that cover.

I agree, the Chevelle song is catchier, more accessible, and more radio friendly. That's not to say Chevelle is "better," no way. But Chevelle basically took elements from Tool and Deftones and made them radio friendly and accessible to a wider audience, sort of like a Lite version if we can use a beer analogy. Maybe not as flavorful and well rounded, but still has its own merits.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Dryalex12

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

Quote from: Cullision on Jul 21, 2016, 02:08 AM
I think Little Dipper is better than send the pain below.

Of course it is. Here's the definitive ranking of these four songs:

1. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
2. Little Dipper
3. Knife Prty
17,638. Send the Pain Below

LG95

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 21, 2016, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Cullision on Jul 21, 2016, 02:08 AM
I think Little Dipper is better than send the pain below.

Of course it is. Here's the definitive ranking of these four songs:

1. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
2. Little Dipper
3. Knife Prty
17,638. Send the Pain Below
;D
I could float here forever

people are people

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Jul 21, 2016, 03:23 AM
I love Chevelle and Deftones so its all good. A couple of the still left standing bands from that era. As for Little Dipper, you guys turned me on to Hum and while the majority of their stuff is a miss for me Little Dipper is amazing. Also very appreciative of dudes here turning me on to Fantastic Planet.

Their primary musical influences as stated by the band members are Helmet, Tool, and The Cure, and I love Chevelle.
Chevelle - The Red .. Straight Fire!
! No longer available