Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Stranger Things on Netflix

Started by bright lights, big city, Jul 18, 2016, 02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Just released a couple days ago, and I'm in love with the show. Basically a love letter to 80s horror, sci-fi, kids movies. Goonies with some serious Stephen King influences and a Carpenter-ish score. Anyone else check it out? Or finish it already?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Started it yesterday, finished today.

THIS WAS AMAZING. I'm 29 years old and I was bawling in the last episode.

Spielberg, Lovecraft, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Goonies, Carpenter, Stephen King, all mixed together in the most beautiful way.

This was something special.

bright lights, big city

I think I know when you cried - I totally did too near the end. Just everything came together so well, and I still can't really believe how good the child actors were. All of em knocked it out the park.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Cullision

I'm only 3 episodes deep, loving the 80's theme.

ToneDef

It's on my schedule for tonight. Can't wait.

chick de la lynch

I'm really in love with the score and the kids are absolutely precious. But does anyone else want to give Winona Ryder a valium? My God!

bright lights, big city

She's running at like an 11 at the beginning. But either she turns it down or everyone else catches up after a couple episodes.
DERP

blixa

chick de la lynch

Joyce seemed to calm down much more around the fifth episode but I finished the season and really enjoyed it. But the nasty things I would do to David Harbour would be unforgivable. 

bright lights, big city

haha he did play that role perfectly. little flawed, but such a relatable, great throwback badass.
DERP

chick de la lynch

I can't imagine anyone else in that role but I've had a crush on him since I watched Revolutionary Road. He has badassery down in spades.

Crazylegs

Finished it a few days ago. It was a really enjoyable watch, but i wish i was younger when this came out.

The kids killed it, and the synth tracks and the style of it all was amazing.

I was kinda disappointed that they used so much cg. I mean, with all the nods to 80s cinema, I think it would be in its place to use some more traditional sfx.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 04, 2016, 01:22 PM
I was kinda disappointed that they used so much cg. I mean, with all the nods to 80s cinema, I think it would be in its place to use some more traditional sfx.
Didn't really think too much about it, but that is a really good point (especially with all the references to The Thing, Evil Dead, etc from the golden age of traditional sfx). Might be the only flaw of the show. Gotta love puppetry.
DERP

theis

The CG didn't bother me much. It was mostly used in dark settings, so it wasn't that noticeable. But yeah, I'm all for old school fx.

defTHE1s

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 20, 2016, 08:06 PM
It's on my schedule for tonight. Can't wait.
I'm on the 4th, I think.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

So I've finally finished it, and I really could not imagine what will be the plot on the next season.
I mean, Eleven's not there and then that cough on Will makes you think of a lot of things that could happen...
So let's see how they'll surprise us, I enjoyed this season.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

ToneDef

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 04, 2016, 01:22 PM
Finished it a few days ago. It was a really enjoyable watch, but i wish i was younger when this came out.

The kids killed it, and the synth tracks and the style of it all was amazing.

Never thought of it this way but I agree. I thought the monster itself was pretty disappointing tbh.

tarkil

Monster was a bit disappointing indeed, but the show was sooooooo amazing !!!!
I really really REALLY loved it... Such a good atmosphere, music, actors, etc.

GREAT !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

it was ok. i finished watching preacher and that suuuuuucked.

tarkil

Quote from: blixa on Sep 06, 2016, 04:47 PM
it was ok. i finished watching preacher and that suuuuuucked.

Preacher was great !!!
Come on Mazzy.............                 :o :o :o

All the cinematography, images, etc. So pretty !!!!!!
And that last episode was super awesome, really made me want to see the next season.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.