Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

If the unreleased SNW demos were on the album what do you think they'd be called

Started by astynk, Aug 02, 2016, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astynk

In the end, we need a way to refer to them. "the 3:05 track" doesn't cut it.
Post your versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJA0UN8-mPQ
"The Vibes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Qefe8KvAA
I'd call it Greenland but since they already have a song titled after a country I'll go with Sound Of Limbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZxfl-tfRJU
"Mirrors"

Inkblades

These are my two favorite Ezrin demos besides FOD and the Xerces instrumental. I'll call them...

Siren Vow ! No longer available

and...

Nokal ! No longer available

Dryalex12

im sure you noticed, but that first video has the synth from the intro of Combat

snw9

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 03, 2016, 12:11 AM
These are my two favorite Ezrin demos besides FOD and the Xerces instrumental. I'll call them...

Siren Vow ! No longer available

and...

Nokal ! No longer available

Siren Vow should have made it but it reminds me of Kim Dracula
Code: [Select]

Freedomsoldier17

Untitled 1 = "Red Eyes" - It's a rock/metal song that's heavy in a way but not too in your face, kind of how it feels to be just slightly under the influence of something

Untitled 2 = "Crisis" - This song is crazy wild and has a ton going on. The soaring synth, punishing drums, and slashing riffs. Makes me think of a spaceship being attacked and it's getting shot down to some unknown planet. The ship is in "crisis"

Untitled 3 = "Sphere" - This song makes me picture going to a house party of some kind. It's not too wild or crazy, but you're talking and laughing with a lot of people and having a good time. It's something with the piano, really. Like you're "in the sphere" of whatever social things are going on.

Untitled 4 = "Hunters" - I think about the verses, and they're slow and a little menacing in a way. It makes me picture hunters in a forest going after a deer or something. But its like the 1st century and guns haven't been invented, so they have to use knives and weapons to cut down whatever they want to eat. And when the heavy, quick, chorus drops, it's when they go in for the kill.

Untitled 5 = "Cyber Dream" - This song is really techno-ey and futuristic in my opinion. Makes me think of a half robot half human dreaming of exploring some super cyperpunky version of Los Angeles or New York

Untitled 6 = "Love" - A super relaxing song, with the gentle synth, bass, and drums. Makes me think of two lovers dancing at some place. They're just so consumed and in love with one another the whole world seems to disappear for them. And when that guitar hits, one confesses his or her love for the other and they just live happily ever after.

Untitled 7 = "Sky" - Title mostly comes from the riff, how it seems to go "up", like a bird or a fighter jet soaring into the sky.

Untitled 8 = "Tedium" - Don't get a super positive feeling from this song. Makes me think of staying up long hours working on some last minute project or work or some kind and not being able to sleep because you just have to get it done. And it's tedious and tough, and you just want to give up so bad, but nope, you gotta keep working.

Untitled 9 = "Inhale/Exhale" - Title comes from how the guitar riff constantly goes back in forth real quick, like breathing as you're running for whatever reason.

astynk

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Aug 03, 2016, 06:07 AM
Untitled 6 = "Love" - A super relaxing song, with the gentle synth, bass, and drums. Makes me think of two lovers dancing at some place. They're just so consumed and in love with one another the whole world seems to disappear for them. And when that guitar hits, one confesses his or her love for the other and they just live happily ever after.

I can't seem to see in what way Mein demo is "a relaxing song." If we're talking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvjd0bHkLvE It's so full of energy, makes a nice tune to work out to or something.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: astynk on Aug 03, 2016, 09:21 AM

I can't seem to see in what way Mein demo is "a relaxing song." If we're talking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvjd0bHkLvE It's so full of energy, makes a nice tune to work out to or something.

No, that's the Mein demo. Untitled 6 is Untitled 6...

You realize they already have a universally accepted naming convention, right?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

defTHE1s

I was about to open a thread about Demo 15 and thoughts about it, what would it be like if it had lyrics, what song did it came later (Rats! is a good choice) and most important, what about guitar tabs to it? It's crazy as heck that guitar riff on the "verses" that seems to be just distorted harmonics but in his 7 string.
Thoughts about it?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Jerry_Curls

Damn. I've resisted listening to these for years because I didn't want to hear what this album could've been. I finally caved and I was right. I only listened to 3 tracks and I'm already wishing they had gone this route. Fucking FINGER OF DEATH
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Inkblades

Yeah, man. It's still a good album, but imagine this track listing with consistent Terry Date production. It'd be fucking amazing.

Hole in the Earth
Rapture
Beware the Water
Cherry Waves
Mein/Nokal (aka Demo #13) (Might as well combine both songs because they have similar guitar tones)
U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, A, B, Select, Start
Xerces
Siren Vow (aka Demo #5)
Buffalo (Finger of Death)
Combat
FYIHYD (Why not include this instrumental masterpiece?)
Kimdracula
Riviere

Lucas_Moreno

I didn't know about these demos, glad I found about it here, thank you!

astynk

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 06, 2016, 03:57 AM
Yeah, man. It's still a good album, but imagine this track listing with consistent Terry Date production. It'd be fucking amazing.

Hole in the Earth
Rapture
Beware the Water
Cherry Waves
Mein/Nokal (aka Demo #13) (Might as well combine both songs because they have similar guitar tones)
U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, A, B, Select, Start
Xerces
Siren Vow (aka Demo #5)
Buffalo (Finger of Death)
Combat
FYIHYD (Why not include this instrumental masterpiece?)
Kimdracula
Riviere

FYIHYD is awesome, but still sounds incomplete, like too simple to make it to the album.
I'd like this track listing:

The Earth (aka Kimdracula)
Combat
Saudade (aka Konami Code)
Cherry Waves
Xerces
Rapture
Beware the Water
The Vibes
Rivière

But for Tankjan's appearance, I could include Mein.
No HITE, yeah. Fuck that radio-friendly shit.

Hey, you still have my quote in your signature. I feel kinda honored.

defTHE1s

Btw, I tend to use this order just as the demos came back when they were released, and I consider the pre-snw stuff as demos (HITE Demo, Combat Demo, Mein demo.. etc), so maybe that order we could stick, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gDxqxNY2v8&list=PLBcdGuixE_naWgpma4rTaA3T46vNRs6To
01 Deftones - Hole in the Earth (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]
02 Deftones - Combat (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]
03 Deftones Demo 3 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
04 Deftones - Cherry Waves (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]
05 Deftones Demo 5 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
06 Deftones - Mein (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]
07 Deftones Demo 7 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
08 Deftones - Finger of Death (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]
09 Deftones Demo 9 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
10 Deftones Demo 10 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
11 Deftones - Pink Cellphone (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]
12 Deftones Demo 12 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
13 Deftones Demo 13 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
14 Deftones Demo 14 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
15 Deftones Demo 15 [Bob Ezrin sessions]
16 Deftones - Xerces (Demo) [Bob Ezrin sessions]

So, thats the order you were considering when making those could be" titles?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Lucas_Moreno

Quote from: defTHE1s on Aug 04, 2016, 12:12 AM
I was about to open a thread about Demo 15 and thoughts about it, what would it be like if it had lyrics, what song did it came later (Rats! is a good choice) and most important, what about guitar tabs to it? It's crazy as heck that guitar riff on the "verses" that seems to be just distorted harmonics but in his 7 string.
Thoughts about it?

I am fascinated by this demo. I share the same will with you

HooiserBowhunter

They probably have so much cool shit just laying around on a lap top that just slays.

pelican fly

Untitled 1 = "Red Eyes" - It's a rock/metal song that's heavy in a way but not too in your face, kind of how it feels to be just slightly under the influence of something

Untitled 2 = "Crisis" - This song is crazy wild and has a ton going on. The soaring synth, punishing drums, and slashing riffs. Makes me think of a spaceship being attacked and it's getting shot down to some unknown planet. The ship is in "crisis"

Untitled 3 = "Sphere" - This song makes me picture going to a house party of some kind. It's not too wild or crazy, but you're talking and laughing with a lot of people and having a good time. It's something with the piano, really. Like you're "in the sphere" of whatever social things are going on.

Untitled 4 = "Hunters" - I think about the verses, and they're slow and a little menacing in a way. It makes me picture hunters in a forest going after a deer or something. But its like the 1st century and guns haven't been invented, so they have to use knives and weapons to cut down whatever they want to eat. And when the heavy, quick, chorus drops, it's when they go in for the kill.

Untitled 5 = "Cyber Dream" - This song is really techno-ey and futuristic in my opinion. Makes me think of a half robot half human dreaming of exploring some super cyperpunky version of Los Angeles or New York

nice

Agameoftwo

Im so glad none of you are in charge of coming up with song titles to deftones albums. The Vibes? Crisis? Love? Sky? Whuuuuuuuuuut?

defTHE1s

Quote from: Agameoftwo on Aug 13, 2016, 04:38 AM
Im so glad none of you are in charge of coming up with song titles to deftones albums. The Vibes? Crisis? Love? Sky? Whuuuuuuuuuut?
Even for working titles, nothing can beat "Dwarf Dicks" and others.