Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are the least accessible Deftones songs for you?

Started by astynk, Aug 09, 2016, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astynk

It took Anniversary really long to grow on me. Like, half a year or so. I had no problems with such kinky tracks as Lucky You or Pink Cellphone though.

The intro to Moana sounded somehow corny and generic at first, but now I totally dig it.

And I can't seem to ever like Lovers, Night Boat, Ghosts, If Only We Could Sleep Tonight (that sitar fucks it up), No Ordinary Love.

Lucas_Moreno

Keeping in mind that these last songs you said are covers, maybe some of the "Gore" album like "Xenon", or the SNW's "Rapture".

Radar

Probably "Mein" off SNW or "Moana" off S/T album. 

B_S_79

Mein, Moana, Lucky You, Phantom Bride, Goon Squad, This Place Is Death.

Those are songs I consistently skip over if they pop up.

Dryalex12

Everysong on Around the Fur....sorry...i dont connect with any of them
now im not saying they are bad, no they are great, i just cant connect with them

illthrowROCKS@U

There are some songs that I just never really connected with and constantly skip. They're not terrible songs, I suppose, I just could never get into them.

Bored
Teenager
Anniversary
You've Seen the Butcher
976-Evil
This Place is Death
Tempest
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

E-Money

Quote from: Dryalex12 on Aug 09, 2016, 08:26 PM
now im not saying they are bad, no they are great, i just cant connect with them

Really? Have u ever seen any of the atf songs live? To me they are my favorite with white pony. I feel like those are their most solid live songs during a show. But that's me..

nicklav

Cullision

The majority of Gore. There are a ton of Deftones songs I originally didn't like but they each clicked at some point and now some of them are favorites of mine.

Dryalex12

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 10, 2016, 01:01 AM
Quote from: Dryalex12 on Aug 09, 2016, 08:26 PM

Really? Have u ever seen any of the atf songs live? To me they are my favorite with white pony. I feel like those are their most solid live songs during a show. But that's me..

Its probably because most of the songs on ATF are about girls...with a few exceptions of course
I aint really into girls like most men are.
I dont see whats so great about Knife Prty either...just kinda...repetitive...yes i can here you scream, you're a girl, you can scream like that...i...dont get the big deal is all.
Its a good song.....just not the best of white Pony

sooniletugo

Inkblades

Hexagram. I really did not understand it the first few times I heard it. Just sounded like noise to me. Now it's in my top ten Deftones songs.

rainnyx4

Anything that sounds lazy, like something they've rehashed, or just an artistic misstep. Basically large swaths of S/T and Gore with a song or two here and there on pretty much every other album.

defTHE1s

Hexagram was; also Good Morning beatiful still is, I like the song but is for me the weakest song from S/T and maybe one of the weakest from their catalogue.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sooniletugo

Agree about Good Morning Beautiful, it's not great.

laurapalmer

Quote from: sooniletugo on Aug 15, 2016, 09:51 PM
Agree about Good Morning Beautiful, it's not great.

Second this. Maybe my least favorite Deftones song

Poltergeist

But the bridge of GMB is one of the album's best moments

deftones47

Sextape, Deathblow, all of Adrenaline except for Engine No. 9 and probably a couple others, all of Gore except Doomed User and Geometric Headdress, This Place Is Death, What Happened to You?, Entombed, 976-EVIL, Beware, Graphic Nature, and saving the worst for last...Pink Cellphone.

Cullision

pinkmaggit69

Rickets
Anniversary
This Place is Death
Phantom Bride
What Happened

Drinks won't stain this birth!